PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt Throne of Skulls Dwarf list for 2010

tmarichards
29-06-2010, 23:22
Ok, so even though the new ToS format doesn't really appeal to me, it's the weekend I go back to uni in Loughborough, so becasue there's virtually no travelling fees and no accomodation fees it's actually around the same price I'd pay for an indy list. With this in mind, I'm dusting of my Dwarfs. There is no comp, and the scenarios are all pitched battle.

The reason I'm spelling out the runes is so that people who don't know the names can offer feedback on whether they think the combination is underpowered/unnecessary.

Oh, and this is obviously an 8th edition list.

Lords:

Runelord- Anvil of Doom, Shield, Rune of Speed, Rune of Resistance, Rune of Preservation, Rune of Stone, Master Rune of Balance, Spelleater Rune, Rune of the Furnace
468 pts

23.65%

(This gives him Initiative 4, a 2+ re-rollable save and Parry, immune to Killing Blow and Poison, he takes an opponent's power dice to become one of my DD and can automatically dispel a spell, and on a 4+ it cannot be used agian in the battle, as well as adding an additional +3 DD due to his Rune Lore ability and the Anvil [pending errata...])

Heroes:

Thane- BSB, Master Rune of Gromril, Rune of Resistance, Master Rune of Challenge
165pts

8.25%

(This gives him a 1+ re-rollable armour save, and once per game makes an enemy unit either have to declare a charge if it feasibly can or flee. My plan is to rush this unit forwards and either sucker an enemy unit in, or make a big enemy shooting unit miss a turn of shooting and end up closer to me)

Core:

18x Thunderers- shields
270pts

18x Thunderers- shields
270pts

I may drop some of these for various command group models, advice on this would be welcome.

27%

Special:

Grudge Thrower- Engineer, Rune of Penetrating, Rune of Accuracy
145pts

(This gives +1 Strength to the rock, and allows me to re-roll the scatter dice. The engineer is BS 4, IIRC you can use the BS of the crew to reduce the scatter distance)

Cannon- Rune of Forging
125pts

(This allows me to re-roll the Artillery dice if I roll a misfire on either of the dice rolls, but not both, every time I fire the weapon)

19 Hammerers- Full Command, Shields, Rune of Battle (+1 Combat Res)
302pts

BSB goes in here

28.60%

Rare:

Organ Gun
125pts

Organ Gun
125pts

12.5%

So, plenty of short and long ranged firepower and a big block of hard-as Dwarf fighters. I can either play defensive or go on the attack, as those Thunderer bocks are also still Dwarfs and therfore tough in combat.

Please, comments and criticism welcome!