PDA

View Full Version : SW - Dedicated Transport question

Preston
30-06-2010, 05:29
I'm looking to expand my SW army, and I was wondering if I should bother with a Razorback or 2 with las. I already have a couple of rhinos I can use from my Chaos army, so transports on their own aren't really an issue. My goal with them wouldn't be to use primarily as a transport, but to flank off to the sides as tank hunters to support longfangs with more mobile firepower.

So, for those who have been playing wolves for awhile what do you think of las razorbacks as an option?

Garven Dreis
30-06-2010, 05:38
Without any sort of army list, I couldn't really offer you an opinion. Razorbacks are a love/hate thing, I personally have one, and it's done an okay job. Also depends on what squad sizes you want to run with.

Preston
30-06-2010, 05:55
I'm looking to run multiple squads of full GH with Melta and Flamer. I'm also thinking of tossing in WG as squad leaders possibly in termi for the extra punch. Which means those squads would be foot slogging (with 1 or 2 squad as mech in rhinos to take objectives).

Other than that going to be grabbing a unit of long fangs for long range fire support.

A lone wolf (load out???)

and WG with a variety of equipment for fun. :)

Preston
30-06-2010, 18:20
No one else has any thoughts on this?

PaulmanMN
30-06-2010, 19:48
I use TLLC Razorbacks exclusively. I usually run between 3 and 4 squads of GH w/Wolf Guard in a RB. That, and 5 Thunderwolves with Canis and some long fangs.

gwarsh41
30-06-2010, 20:00
I'm looking to run multiple squads of full GH with Melta and Flamer. I'm also thinking of tossing in WG as squad leaders possibly in termi for the extra punch. Which means those squads would be foot slogging (with 1 or 2 squad as mech in rhinos to take objectives).

Other than that going to be grabbing a unit of long fangs for long range fire support.

A lone wolf (load out???)

and WG with a variety of equipment for fun. :)

Pretty sure termies cannot ride in them. They also dissalow sweeping advance so few people mix one in.
Long fangs are amazing. I feel naked if I dont have them.

WildWeasel
01-07-2010, 00:36
If you are taking Long Fangs, then buy the Razorbacks for them. Grey Hunters are best fielded in bulk. And the TLLC Razor is a good, cheap accurate AND mobile lascannon. It is best if you are putting it down with plenty of other lives of armor, as it is relatively fragile.