PDA

View Full Version : Who here plays Guitar/Bass?

Rathgar
26-05-2005, 21:56
Inspired by "the best guitarist ever" thread. I wondered how many portenters (of conscripts or whatever we are now) play guitar or bass. Seemed to be a fair few of you.
Anyways I'll start off:

I play Bass
Been playing for 4 years
I have a Cort Action Bass, a knackered old Westfield bass and my pride and joy a Fender Jazz Bass.
*Hugs his Jazz*

How about the rest of you?

Tenoch
26-05-2005, 22:05
I play bass, ok. I have a peavey milestone 3, but will be getting something better soon.

I also have a guitar, but I wouldn't really say I play it. Its a Gibson special 2

Melchor
26-05-2005, 22:07
I play guitar. I play for about 6 years now though not as often and as good as I'd like.

I have a shiny black Epiphone S-400 (Click Here (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v150/Pea_666/Leonmetgitaar.jpg) for a picture).
I I'd ever change my guitar I'd go for some kind of SG (Like Angus Young :evilgrin:)

I'm not in a band, which I kind of regret... :(

Pertinax
26-05-2005, 23:12
I play bass, but I haven't played for about 10 years or so. In fact, since I got married...

Ass Goblin
26-05-2005, 23:19
I play Bass. I currently use a crappy Ashton 4 String. But i've got on order a Warwick Corvette in dark wood colour.

PSD
26-05-2005, 23:57
Warwick Corvette?.... ...Git.

Play bass, use an ESP DF404

Picture (http://www.espguitars.ru/ltd/bigpictures/df404.jpg)

Amp wise, i use a Hartke 7000 Amp Head, and 410XL - 4x10 XL Series Cabinet.

Head (http://www.samsontech.com/images/productimages/ha7000.gif)

Cabinet (http://www.samsontech.com/images/productimages/410xl.gif)

Next purchaces will be an ESP B2005 30th Anniversay, and an ESP V305

B2005 30th Anniversary (http://media.zzounds.com/media/fit,325by400/quality,85/brand,zzounds/b-2005_3qtr-f057fe8157cd26412bdf578658469689.jpg)

Viper 305 (http://www.instrumentguide.com/basses/esp/v305/big.jpg)

Ass Goblin
27-05-2005, 00:00
I still have to finish paying for it. There not cheap. But so goooood. :)

redemptionist15
27-05-2005, 00:21
I currently play Bass and Guitar. I have a Washburn 5 string model with 1 soapbar pick-up, its my baby :). My guitar is a relic, one of the first produced stratocasters, worth quite a lot apparently :P Its fun playing on it.

Amp-wise my guitar is run through a small peavey bass amp because i enjoy the sound. I use an Ashdown 180 watts combo for my Bass.

Future purchases, im looking into a 7 string guitar and either a 6 string Cort Curbow bass or 4 String Warwick.

polymphus
27-05-2005, 05:03
I played double (string) bass for a while but I've recently moved over to bass guitar and got meself a crappy little ashton AB2

Dirty Fingers
27-05-2005, 07:09
I've played bass for coming on 8 years, still using the same purple Fender Jazz bass.

I'm also trying to learn guitar on my insanely cool looking Epiphone Flamecat.

Sprue Rubbles
27-05-2005, 07:36
ok, I went to a concert tonight (the Gossip) and the bassist/guitarist was so cool that I want to pick up one. What's a good entry level bass guitar and how much should it cost? What's a good entry level guitar and how much should it cost? Where can I get a good deal?

Brother Smith
27-05-2005, 16:57
I play guitar (see 'Let me show off!!! (Just Kidding)...')

marv335
28-05-2005, 00:46
i have a washburn axxes xs-4, a tanglewood warrior II and a fender strat fat body.

neXus6
28-05-2005, 03:12
I may be starting to play bass guitar cause my mate wants to start another band and he wants me in it...he's even giving me a bass apparantly.
:p

Eldacar
28-05-2005, 04:20
I play guitar. I have an acoustic (nylon-stringed) and an electric. Been playing for a good eight years.

Koraath
28-05-2005, 13:19
I've been playing guitar for two years now

Kemra
28-05-2005, 15:51
I've been playing guitar only 6 months or so. I still only have a crappy little Marshall practice amp. But my guitar is a Fender 1989 Heavy metal Strat, and its my pride and joy!

Brother Smith
28-05-2005, 18:07
I have a Jackson KE3 and a Maverick F3. (Explorer / Supr - Strat, both with Flyd - Rose Trem). I have a Zoom Fire-30 multi effect amp (It's got all the pedal effects built in). All in all, it's a very good combination, although the Jackson gives a slightly weak sound due to the cheaper Floyd - Rose.

Brush your teeth
28-05-2005, 20:04
I've been playing guitar for 3 years now I have a Samick LK35 in a find of orange sunburst
I've also got a Aria acoustic which I've given a pick up to.

future guitar buys I want a blonde tele and a black strat

arxhon
28-05-2005, 20:12
I play a bass guitar that's older than most of you.

Been playing off and on for the last 4 years, so i suck. ;)

m1s1n
28-05-2005, 20:45
I've been playing guitar since I was in 8th grade. . . which is too long ago to remember. How old are you in 8th grade? Like 13? So I've been playing guitar for the past 11 years.
My first baby was/is my brother's old Ibanez Les Paul fake. It has wonderful action, but the pickups need work--and the tuning nuts are starting to blow. This is all stuff I can fix, but . . .well--onto the next guitar!
My second guitar is a Fender Strat Mexican. Again--classic strat feel, with a classic fret sound. I got this baby when I turned 18. Initially I had intended to pick up a guitar with a Floyd Rose--then I realized it was way too much work for the sound I wanted.
My third guitar I bought for myself after my first raise at work. It is a Fender DG-16 12-String acoustic with electronics. It's a great guitar to play on, but I wish it didn't have the laminent sides. Maybe someday I'll upgrade to a Gibson (made in the town I go to school in).
The most recent guitar I bought is an Oscar Schmidt Delta King 0E-30. This is a semi-hollow body jazz guitar that I bought for cheap! Essentially the parts on the guitar could actually be worth more than the guitar itself, however I still intend to spruce it up a little bit. I've owned her for less than a year, but she has treated me well. I intend to change out the knobs and throw in a better electronic system, but well. . .

m1s1n
28-05-2005, 20:49
ok, I went to a concert tonight (the Gossip) and the bassist/guitarist was so cool that I want to pick up one. What's a good entry level bass guitar and how much should it cost? What's a good entry level guitar and how much should it cost? Where can I get a good deal?

Fender makes a good quality electric guitar that you can get for under $400.00 easily. A lot of people start with strats and p-basses if they're looking to go electric. Look around online for some prices, but don't buy something online without playing it first. Most local shops have the more popular lines.

Places like Musician's Friend and Guitar Center have good deals, but bad customer service.

redemptionist15
29-05-2005, 04:19
I play a bass guitar that's older than most of you.

I actually forgot a word in my post, my electric guitar is one of the first produced stratocaster copys. So its probably older than you Arxhon :P

first_founding
29-05-2005, 09:25
I play a Les Paul, Epiphone.
But I want a Gibson Ace Frehley/Jimmy Page sig. LP. Just 'cause.

Adlan
29-05-2005, 09:57
I don't play either bass or gitar, but i love fixing them. (I actually play the sax, but thats a different matter).
It's a masing that people will get rid of gitars that just need a bit of solder and they are as good as new.
I think the most profit ive ever made in terms of percentage gain would be a crummy bass i piked up for tuppence (seriously), all the electrics worked (the sound wasn't to bad and it was even already tuned :eek: ) but some fool had wired the pickups wrong.
Sold it on to a friend who wanted a bass to teach with for 5 so thats alot% profit.