PDA

View Full Version : On Vampire Counts

DGNinja
26-02-2006, 03:28
Hey all,

I am new to Fantasy Battles (Have been playing WH 40K for a while now) and I have a small question. In the near back of the VC book it has lists for if you wanted to do a specific army list which differs alot from the main list. My question is are these lists approved for tourny games or not? The only reason I ask is because the top of the page makes it seems as these are not legal lists for some reason.

Thanks

taer
26-02-2006, 03:32
They are not legal for most tournaments, and are completely unofficial. The reason is because they were not properly tested beforehand (Much like the High elf book...)

GREEN IS DA BEST
26-02-2006, 05:40
Yea in most tourneys they are illiagle but if you are just playing a freindly game against your freind im sure he wont mind.

And i am VERY mad that you cant use them because i love the necromancer army in the back of the book because you can take every model at a lower point value except characters. So you can have extra models... many extra models.

Festus
26-02-2006, 08:06
And i am VERY mad that you cant use them because i love the necromancer army in the back of the book because you can take every model at a lower point value except characters. So you can have extra models... many extra models.

Yes, and the Necromancer list is the most broken of those lists, followed by a close second, the Lahmia list: You simply cannot start to believe the possible combinations if you can gain free access to other armies Magic Items... :(

Well. There is a reason that those lists are *inofficial*...

Greetings
Festus

Gorbad Ironclaw
26-02-2006, 08:09
Yea in most tourneys they are illiagle but if you are just playing a freindly game against your freind im sure he wont mind.

I would! Those lists are seriously broken. I'm sure we could work something out if you really wanted to do something special, but the back of the book lists are either horrible boring and bland, or seriously overpowered and broken(like the necromancer army).

But really, you can do pretty much anything with the main list already.

gortexgunnerson
26-02-2006, 11:28
Yes, and the Necromancer list is the most broken of those lists, followed by a close second, the Lahmia list: You simply cannot start to believe the possible combinations if you can gain free access to other armies Magic Items... :(

Well. There is a reason that those lists are *inofficial*...

Greetings
Festus

Lahmia list with 3 BsB swains and you can get a combat unit wiith a totally unbelieveable statline.

Back of the book list are generally exceptionally powerful and easy for people to cheese up but can make for some fun games. We had a store campaign using them and I had lots of fun with a necromatic horde and creating huge unit of skeleis