PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Ogres

Zanzibarthefirst
30-06-2010, 22:36
Does anyone have any suggestions for using these. I'm well aware that peoepl normally pass on these in favour of Dragon Ogres and if there was a plastic option fo Dragon ogres I woudl snap some up ut as it stands there isnt.
I'm thinking of using the Ironguts models and having a squad of 4 with great weapons and maybe the mark of nurgle and chaos armour.

Kalishnikov-47
30-06-2010, 22:38
Not bad. I like your idea using Nurgle to make sure they arent arrow chum and to help in combat.

I have seen some rather cool Dragon Ogre conversion using the Bulls set and the Lizardmen Cold Ones. I will see if I can find that pic....

Well I found it, funny enough it was in our own Warseer Plogs.

Cheers http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71587

Zanzibarthefirst
30-06-2010, 23:14
Those conversions are really good though well out of my skill range.

With the new rules coming out that buff monsterous infantry, its certainly a good time to get some.

Additional hand wepaons are an option (certainly cheaper) as they'llpump out a lot fo s4 attacks but I'm thinking great weapons are the way forward

Raditz
01-07-2010, 00:08
Considering their low Iniative value, I'd go for GW in most cases.

Witchblade
01-07-2010, 03:42
Always go for GW.

Nurgle is all right, Slaanesh is excellent, Khorne has the greatest potential (Tzeentch is worthless).

Taking a standard and musician positively distinguishes them from trolls and drogres.

3 won't do much. 4 is good. 6 (2x3) should do serious damage.

A character in the unit allows for more options (e.g. BSB jugger with soporific musk, Throgg).

They're not very good for their points and, as you said, they're outclassed by drogres (and possibly trolls in 8e) in their role as can-openers.

Darwin_green
01-07-2010, 04:11
personally i want to make one of these guys.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4041/4693722570_91e46dd596.jpg

Zanzibarthefirst
01-07-2010, 07:48
I'm liking Ironguts at the moment since they are 18 for 4 rather than 27 for 3 when compared to river trolls or minotaurs

Slam
01-07-2010, 08:25
I've been using chaos ogres since 6th, and they are quite good in 7th with the new WOC book (they used to be realy bad :-)) and will be much better with 8th.
I found the best setup to be 4#, standard, musician, GW, khorne mark .

They fare much better aginst block infantry than dogres do becouse of the command option.

In the new ed i probably use them as 2*4 if points allow it.

The T4, 4+ armor makes them resilient enough to withstand S3 attacks, so basic shooting and cheap horde units don't do much damage to them so nurgle mark is a waste IMHO.

Link for my conversions from ogre bulls in the sig below. (updated a looong time ago)