PDA

View Full Version : 2,250 pt Dark Elf List (New Player)

fivedollashake
01-07-2010, 13:14
Alright. So I redid my list to 2250. I also have a 2500 and a 3000 pt list I am tweaking and will post later.

Lord:

Supreme Sorceress--285
Lvl 4
DarkStar Cloak

Heroes:

Sorceress--175
Lvl 2
Tome of Furion
Dispel Scroll

Death Hag--150
BSB
Standard of HG

Core:

20 Warriors--155
FC
Shields

10 RxBs--100

10 RxBs--100

5 Dark Riders--110

5 Dark Riders--110

Special:

5 CoKs--135

6 Shades--114
GWs
Light Armor

18 Black Guard--294
FC
Crimson Death

14 Executioners--198
FC

Rare:

Reaper Bolt Thrower-100

War Hydra-175

Total= 2,201

I still have 49 points left over to add a Ward Save to my Sorc. I don't know how much exactly that basic Item costs yet. I also took away her Sacrificial Dagger and gave her Dark Star Cloak. I didn't feel with the new magic rules I'd need to kill a guy for an extra dice when she gets +4.

My Army has become a little more shooty than I wanted it too, but this might be better. I dropped the Master for the Death hag, traded a block of warriors for 20 Xbowmen and added the Executioners.

The BG will be 6x3 to maximize attacks and the Executioners with Always strike first and a death hag...seems nasty enough, thanks for that idea. I figure by the time I get into CC my magic and missles will have whittled the enemy down enough for these two units to do their thing...and then I can have the CoKs and Hydra clean up the mess while DRs and Shades take care of anything pesky like War Machines.

Romulus68
01-07-2010, 14:18
I would be tempted to give the Hag the 5+ Ward Save. She is VERY useful and worth many points being the BsB if killed.

LanceSaba
01-07-2010, 14:46
well the Dark Star Cloak kinda sucks i would get the stabby dagger it is way more useful.

Drop the GW off the shades they are no longer useful as we strike in initiative order.

drop 3 guys off the BG and keep them more of a flanking unit. you could boost them all the way up to 20 though. (i prefer the flanking as they will lose bodies fast in an up front fight)

I think the CoB will be awesome one the new addition and plan to take one and make it my BSB. I also feel that now she has an even higher chance of dieing to the front.

i don't remember so correct me if i am wrong, but can you wipe out the first rank in a flank attack and prevent return attacks? if so that would make them a great flanking unit.

fivedollashake
02-07-2010, 03:38
With the new magic rules, is there really a point to taking another wizard other than to take an extra lore of magic??

fivedollashake
02-07-2010, 10:50
Alright...I think I've finalized the list for my first ever WHFB Army.

Lord:
Supreme Sorceress
Lvl 4
Tome of Furion
PoK
Dispel Scroll

Hero:
Death Hag BSB
Standard of Hag Graef
5+ Ward Save

Core:
20 Spear Elves
FC
Shields

10 RXBowmen
Shields

10 RxBowmen
Shields

5 Dark Riders
RxBow

5 Dark Riders
RxBow

Special:

5 CoK

6 Shades
Light Armor

20 Black Guard
FC
Crimson Death

14 Executioners(BSB goes here)
FC

Rare:
2 Reaper Bolt Throwers

1 War Hydra

This should all come to 2241

I've never played, but I've been reading up and it seems that this list may be pretty solid. I've got three units to clean up the mess I hope my 78 shots plus magic will make of things during the first turn maybe two, and then my Hydra and CoKs can take care of the rest. I could use my 9 left over points to give my shades additional hand weapons, maybe??

With a 2500 point list I may add another sorceress or a Dread Lord..any suggestions?

Romulus68
02-07-2010, 12:42
Spend 5 points to give one of the Rxbows a musician for swift reforms.

Looks good. Now play a few times to refine what you like.

fivedollashake
02-07-2010, 12:45
Thanks. Now to purchase and begin putting it all together and paint it.