PDA

View Full Version : Dark Elves 2250 8th Ed

Romulus68
01-07-2010, 15:19
Lords:
Sorceress Lord Lvl 4
...Tome of Furion, PoK, Death Magic (Until I see Dark Elves Errata)

Dreadlord
...Regen armor, Sword of Might, Cloak of darkness (halves BS and WS), Repeating hand bow, shield

Hag BsB
...5+ Ward Save, Standard of Hag Gref

Core:
20 Spears with FC
15 Corsairs w/FC + Repeater hand bows
10 Rxbows + musician
13 Rxbows + musician

Specials:
20 Black Guard w/FC Tower master w/6+ warmachine save
21 Executioners w/FC

Rare:
2 x Repeater Bolt Throwers
1 x War Hydra

Notes:
1. IMHO, I feel like cavalry would benefit more in 10+ units.....I have 5 DR's and 5 CoK's, so I'm holding off on them for the moment.
2. I have the following models available: 15 more Executioners w/FC, Manticore, Dragon, 20 Spears w/FC, Chariot, Sorceress on foot and mounted x 2. some lord/heroes on foot/mounted, 5 dark riders, 5 CoK's, 6 Harpies, maybe 8 more Rxbows and 4 Assassins.
3. I like how Death can take out War Machines. Use the spell that does a Strength check and they will fail automatically taking 2d6 hits with 4+ to wound. This is assuming I read how warmachines test correctly in the new book. Must use Strength test and not Toughness spell.
4. When I see the Errata I will most likely go back to Dark Magic.
5. Hag runs with Executioners.
6. Dreadlord with Black Guard.
7. Sorceress with 13 Rxbows to mitigate losing control damage on spells.

oldschoolmonk
01-07-2010, 16:31
Really surprised you don't have the harpies in the list. I think they will have plenty of targets still and are well worth the 55-66 points. They are still I5 and will get 10 attacks on a warmachine crew due to supporting attacks.

What do you expect your magic to do? If you are running a Level 4 I can understand it working for magic defense, but I think you'll need another L2 if you want to be a real player in the phase. Even 2 level 2's is more flexible and less prone losing everything with a miscast.

Your elites seem to be a healthy number. But your core is really shy due to that much spent on characters. Spearmen should be 30 men just to break steadfast on units IMO. Any plans for hordes?

Romulus68
01-07-2010, 18:06
Really surprised you don't have the harpies in the list. I think they will have plenty of targets still and are well worth the 55-66 points. They are still I5 and will get 10 attacks on a warmachine crew due to supporting attacks.

What do you expect your magic to do? If you are running a Level 4 I can understand it working for magic defense, but I think you'll need another L2 if you want to be a real player in the phase. Even 2 level 2's is more flexible and less prone losing everything with a miscast.

Your elites seem to be a healthy number. But your core is really shy due to that much spent on characters. Spearmen should be 30 men just to break steadfast on units IMO. Any plans for hordes?

Harpies - I debated them over and over.

Level 4 - I tossed the same idea around. With the Tome of Furion I get 5 spells which means the odds are I will get the ones I want. The Pok works best against high damage hits. IE....losing control taking S10 hits from magic. I put her on the corner of the 13 strong Rxbows being 7 wide thus minimizing "Lost Control" collateral damage. I plan to use my Power of Darkness, generate more dice from kills/wounds thus making her quite viable. I have committed myself to throwing a lot of dice on spells to make sure I get them off, thus the need for the Pendant and being away from my troops.

Shooting:
Corsairs - Running them 7 wide. That is 28 shots when I move and 28 Stand-n-Shoot shots when I get charged.

R-xbows - I have 46 shots per turn if targets are presented.

R Bolt Throwers - 12 spread shots or 2 solid shots.

Combat:
BG & Execs are hard hitters.
Spears there for ranks.
Hydra to draw cannon balls or slam in Flanks.
Initiative 5+ on all but Hydra.

Movement:
With 5 movement I have a 7" to 17" charge range. I should be able to get dug in quickly.

Magic:
Death magic will single out a warmachine each turn. Maybe two.