PDA

View Full Version : 3,000 point army giveaways?

Lord Dan
01-07-2010, 18:44
So GW is doing that online 3,000 point army giveaway 6 times before the new 8th edition release. There are 3 more chances remaining, and while the odds of actually winning must be absurdly slim, one can still dream. Still it had me wondering- when someone wins, what happens then? Do you just name the army you want and they pick 3,000 points for you? Do you pick your 3,000 points? Is there a list online of what you would get depending on what army you picked?

bigcheese76
01-07-2010, 18:48
I think once you are picked (I am hoping to) you are told via email and asked to write an army list yourself for 3000 points from whichever Army Book you want. Then they send you your army. I assume they have the right (somewhere in the terms and coditions) to change units in the army you pick or something similar if they feel the need, for example they dont produce that unit (trying to think of an example, can only think of the Blood Angels Storm Raven at the moment, sorry its not fantasy).

Ultimate Life Form
01-07-2010, 19:08
I assume they have the right (somewhere in the terms and coditions) to change units in the army you pick or something similar if they feel the need

"Congratulations, you've won the last bunch of Battle for Skull Pass boxes that were littering our warehouse."

GodlessM
01-07-2010, 19:13
The winner chooses the army they want and GW gives them a selection of stuff that can add up to 3kpts. The idea of writing a list is absurd as been suggested as it may involved partial box sets and would be too easy to exploit for free stuff.

Panzeesmasha
01-07-2010, 19:16
The winner chooses the army they want and GW gives them a selection of stuff that can add up to 3kpts. The idea of writing a list is absurd as been suggested as it may involved partial box sets and would be too easy to exploit for free stuff.

That's what I was thinking... going for an army list full of cheap points / high cost units and selling them on ebay afterwards would result in mass ebay sales I would've thought...

bigcheese76
01-07-2010, 19:19
We will be contacting Andrew in the next few weeks and asking him for his 3000-point Warhammer army list.

Have just read back through on the 'Whats new today' and found this sentence, so it looks like you may get to pick the army as they are asking for a list.

shelfunit.
01-07-2010, 19:48

But it is free stuff, they just won it... The likelyhood that someone's first thoughts are "how do I make as much profit from this as possible..." are pretty slim, but even if they do it a) has to be a valid 3k army and b) as long as it is valid they should be able to do whatever the hell they like with it.

GodlessM
01-07-2010, 20:08
Have just read back through on the 'Whats new today' and found this sentence, so it looks like you may get to pick the army as they are asking for a list.

Wow, talk about exploitive potential. I'm even more excited to win now :D

chilledenuff
01-07-2010, 21:37
Is this an online comp? Can anyone supply a link please?

Lord Dan
01-07-2010, 22:30
It's on the GW main page. You just need to send them an email with an answer to the question they provide.

defunct
02-07-2010, 01:48
Take as many Blood Knights as possible in 3000pts.:evilgrin:

Skywave
02-07-2010, 03:01
Take as many Blood Knights as possible in 3000pts.:evilgrin:

So only 2 boxes? Doesn't seems that much profitable to me ;)

I guess if you pick your own 3k of points, that horde army would be the best value. How many "count-as-slave" clanrat boxes can you take with a slave-heavy army? Or a Goblin horde?

Just to think of the delivery box(es) you'll receive with that kind of army :D