PDA

View Full Version : Everqueen still avaiable?

unknownps
02-07-2010, 04:45
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if the old Everqueen model is staill available from anywhere?

and or the Wood Elf queen.. cant remember her name

Cheers:)

someone2040
02-07-2010, 04:47
Nope. OOP models.
Good luck finding them, everyone seems to like the Everqueen and her maidens.

Does make me wonder the logic behind discontinueing some models though. Is there really any reason not to sell the Everqueen and her Handmaidens (Considering they can sub in for other models in the High Elf list)? Who knows what goes on behind the brains at GW when they decide these things.

tezdal
02-07-2010, 04:47
Her name was Ariel I believe, for Queen of the Woodelves.......and as for available, I got my Everqueen and her maiden guard back in 5th I believe....check ebay

Kalandros
02-07-2010, 05:09
sold all my old high elf models a while ago, everqueen + maiden guards cannot be used under the new rules.

Casshole
02-07-2010, 06:07
I like them for LSG and Alarielle the Everqueen is still one of the better lookin high elf mages (tho u may need to chop off the top of her staff, what a mess)

Kalandros
02-07-2010, 06:56
rather fond of this elf mage model
https://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod1120075&rootCatGameStyle=

chilledenuff
02-07-2010, 07:21
rather fond of this elf mage model
https://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod1120075&rootCatGameStyle=

It's a lovely model, but I find myself wondering wether it's high elf or wood elf... suppose you could paint his cloak up to be made of human skin and then dark elf... AAGH! Even more confused:confused:

On topic the Everqueen and her hand maidens would be very good for a themed army.. instead of a prince, it could be a princess etc etc

someone2040
02-07-2010, 07:24
I think it's supposed to be a high elf from the rules. But realistically, I think he's more of a 'Old world Elf'. One of those rare elves that settle down in human settlements.

But yeah, brilliant model. I believe it, because it's probably the my best painted model I have - so shows I put time and effort into it.

Nocculum
02-07-2010, 07:34
I still have the Everqueen from my 5th Edition excursion into an Ulthuan army, I remember the day I went to Warhammer World and my grandparents said I could have one box; I went straight for her :D

She's rather expensive now due to her rarity, but I can't quite bring myself to sell her...

LordZombie
02-07-2010, 09:39
Ariel is queen of the wood elves and the model is no longer available. I do have the model as well as the old Orion and Durthu treeman character. Ariel was a mage and based on a 40mm base as she was in avatar god mode on the battlefield. I have always found it odd that reaper miniatures can still produce models from thier very first line of miniatures, but GW always seems to be dropping those molds and breaking them so they can't re-make older models.

Nocculum
02-07-2010, 10:40
Storage space, and more importantly, the models arn't currently in the Warhammer range because they're not 'legal' models - I doubt Ariel will ever return to the battlefield, she, like the Everqueen, are not fitting to the fluff and should never have appeared in the first place (in my opinion).

Jedi152
02-07-2010, 10:56
Do Maiden Guard go for a lot? My friend has 20+ of them including full command and the Everqueen to sell.

Nocculum
02-07-2010, 10:59
They do indeed Jedi.

The Everqueen appears to be 'player valued' at anything between 25 and 35 pounds on Ebay in recent weeks (I've been keeping tabs on her just in case I'm tempted to sell mine) and the Hand Maidens (the original unit of ten and Everqueen) hit 70-90+ when they appear (which is rare that they do so altogether).

Desert Rain
02-07-2010, 15:47
I've got the Everqueen and 13 maiden guards, not selling them for anything. They are the best models ever.

Lars Porsenna
02-07-2010, 15:53
Storage space is a real issue, but also SKU control. Iron WInd Metals (successor to Ral partha here in the US) has such bad storage problems, that they store some of their less popular molds off site (and charge a premium for a spin). Plus, you don't want too much in inventory (I'm sure GW doesn't do "spin-on-demand" that smaller manufacturers can do).

But I doubt the molds are lost. Look at the website collector's range. I remember when all of the Realms of Chaos Chaos Warriors were offered, and IIRC they still have some of the sorcerers on line even now. I also remember a few years ago the British website offered the GobLobber too (though I missed out on that one! Got one on ebay though...)

Damon.