PDA

View Full Version : Campaigns & Sieges in 8th Ed?

Fallen Angel 31
02-07-2010, 07:51
A few weeks back, there was lots of hype regarding the photos of massive battles with castles and ships in them.

Lots of speculation as to weather this meant that the new book would include rules for sieges, naval warfare and campaigns.

Now the book is in the public domain, I was expecting confirmation of this one way or the other, but as best I can see, nothing has been said.

As one of the many unable to get to a GW store to see the book first hand. Can anyone who has seen it let us know what is/isn't covered.

Thanks in advance

FA31

chilledenuff
02-07-2010, 09:16
Pictures like this?

http://www.totalwargamer.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/warhammer-rule-book-pull-out.jpg

Looks awesome, I hope there are rules for seiges like that!

LordZombie
02-07-2010, 10:27
There are the 6 main scenarios and then towards the back there are more scenarios that up the details. There is also scenarios for massives battles where you use all forms of monsterous units. The massives battles are set for using two set armies, but I am sure you can alter them for other armies if you like. There are a couple pages talking about campaigns, but no real details, mainly a plug to get you to buy the Mighty Empire tiles.

Odin
02-07-2010, 11:50
I would expect Siege to be a separate expansion, like Cities of Death and Planetstrike for 40K. And indeed like it used to be!

I hope so anyway, I still have two fortresses.