PDA

View Full Version : Miscasting Throne of Vines

Blekinge
02-07-2010, 13:11
Hi

Yet another rule query, or exploit, depending on how you view it.

Life 3 is Throne of Vines. It does a lot of stuff, but it says that "while the spell is in effect, every time the wizard miscasts, roll a dice. On 2+ the miscast is ignored". As the rulebook explains that the process for irresistable force is to first resolve the spell, and then resolve the miscast, it is plausible that the wizard get to ignore this miscast.

How would you rule it? Should he be able to ignore the miscast that cast the spell, or is that only for future spells?

Rogzor87
02-07-2010, 13:13
if it says the miscast is ignored then the miscast is ignored. The first part of the spell would be resolved then the miscast which on a 2+ its ignored

N810
02-07-2010, 13:24
Yup thats what the spell is for. ;)

Agnar the Howler
03-07-2010, 14:16
You say which spell you're choosing, pick a target, pick how many power dice you want to use, roll to cast it, if it casts (normal or IF) then the spell's effects are resolved first (unless explicitly stated otherwise) and anything else after that; so by the time you've reached the miscast resolution Throne of Vines has already been activated, and so you will get your 2+ to ignore the miscast.

Sparowl
04-07-2010, 08:04
So far everyone who has posted has been in agreement.

I also think that is how it works.

Ultimate Life Form
04-07-2010, 08:21
So far everyone who has posted has been in agreement.

There is also not really any leeway for 'interpretation' in this case as the BRB already clearly states in which order it has to be resolved, no?

Still, seeing how this is WarSeer and all those ludicrous things I've had to read here...

Mr_Rose
04-07-2010, 12:48
There is also not really any leeway for 'interpretation' in this case as the BRB already clearly states in which order it has to be resolved, no?

Still, seeing how this is WarSeer and all those ludicrous things I've had to read here...
Then how about we just call it good now?
If the OP would be kind enough to lock the thread, we can get a whole question in and answered without unnecessary blather.
Wouldn't that be nice?

P.S. The answer is still: You get the roll to ignore the miscast for sure.