PDA

View Full Version : Squats help please!!!

SquatLord
02-07-2010, 16:03
Just bought some squats from ebay, lot hasnt arrived yet but cost around 120, think i've got a bargain...can anyone help in identifying them? many thanks!

AndrewGPaul
02-07-2010, 17:07
Identify them? Yup, they're Squats. :)

Other than that, you'll want to take a look at www.solegends.com. The 1991 Blue Catalogue 1 in the Citadel section is what you want.

Hope you're getting arms with that lot, otherwise they're kinda useless.

SquatLord
02-07-2010, 17:13
No arms, anywhere I can get them?

marv335
02-07-2010, 17:18
I don't think you can.
Your best bet would be to buy a pack of WFB thunderers and convert.

machine_recovered_meat
02-07-2010, 17:57
The one with horns in the top left is a warlord, either side of him look like bodyguards (or whatever they were called), there might be a living ancestor in the top row though the pic is too small to be sure, and it looks like you've got all the bikers (on foot) that they did.

Cool :)

SquatLord
02-07-2010, 18:46
Im gutted I cant find arms, may have to relist, think I could make a profit? I think some of the top row are herthguards?

razormasticator
02-07-2010, 18:58
The guy with the horns is a Warlord, yes there are hearthguards in there as well as a living ancestor or two.

thalaric
02-07-2010, 21:13
I've found that the plastic Cadian arms can be used on the squats with a bit of work, as they're the same size as the old squat arms more or less. You could see about buying a few of those for cheap and seeing if the results work for you first.

sigur
02-07-2010, 21:31
Just in case you relist, you definately can get your money back and make quite some profit.

leadlair
03-07-2010, 02:13
I've found that the plastic Cadian arms can be used on the squats with a bit of work, as they're the same size as the old squat arms more or less. You could see about buying a few of those for cheap and seeing if the results work for you first.

I second this. It is what I did with my squats. They actually fit pretty well. Some don't even need any work to fit and look nice.

blongbling
03-07-2010, 16:37
Im gutted I cant find arms, may have to relist, think I could make a profit? I think some of the top row are herthguards?

Buying models that haven't been produced in twenty years and then finding out that you cant get the plastic arms they came with isnt really "that" suprising

Zink
03-07-2010, 16:55
To be honest the arms that came with the squats were crappy. They didn't fit well a lot of the time. I might have a few loose ones floating around. At one time or another I've owned some of almost every type squat model. I sold most of them but still have a heavy box of them that don't get any use. I wouldn't mind having a few more of the original ones with lasguns and autoguns but I'm not interested in the ones that came out right at the end of the Rogue Trader era so much.

IJW
03-07-2010, 20:00
Im gutted I cant find arms
What Blongbling said.

may have to relist, think I could make a profit?
As someone who was basing his bid on that particular lot on making a reasonable profit, but was outbid by you... ;)

Yes, if you sell them in smaller lots you will make a profit, but by the time you deduct eBay fees, PayPal fees and the time it takes you to list them and pack them properly, don't expect to make tons of money unless you're counting your own time as having no value.

As thalaric says, Cadian arms are worth a try.

IDs. All the one-piece ones are from the early Rogue Trader period, mostly from the RT03 range:
http://solegends.com/citrt/rt03spacedwarfs.htm

Plus a few from the Iron Claw range by Bob Olley.

Several of the second and third rows are from the RT302 Command blisters:
http://solegends.com/citrt/rt302spacedwfcommand.htm

All the ones with no arms are from the slightly later 1989 range:
http://solegends.com/citcat89/c894204squats-h.htm

The top row has a Living Ancestor, Warlord and then a mix of Hearthguard and Guildmasters.

Zink - what 'end of the Rogue Trader era' Squats are you talking about? The plastic-arm models came out in March 1989, about 18 months after the RT rulebook and four years before 2nd edition.

AndrewGPaul
03-07-2010, 21:58
I would think Cadian arms might be a bit bulky, but if others think they're OK, fair enough. The Forgeworld Chaos Renegade Militia Weapon Arms ( http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Chaos/CHAOS_RENEGADES/RENEGADE-MILITIA-WEAPON-ARMS.html ) might fit, but I'm not sure what the exact contents of that pack are.

Zink
04-07-2010, 16:24
I was into Rogue Trader back then and it seemed that the multipart plastics and ones needing plastic arms came out a lot later and the rules for them were in one of the last supplements. Guess I was wrong on the timeline as it's been 20 years. My point was I like the ones that were featured in the RT rules and Chapter Approved supplement (imperial squats) better than when they switched to the biker clans (guilds).

IJW
04-07-2010, 16:59
Fair enough.

thenamelessdead
08-07-2010, 20:46
I own a chaos squat and found the laspistol arm from a plastic Orlock ganger looks spot on!