PDA

View Full Version : GW's Obliterator model question

Lars Porsenna
02-07-2010, 17:12
Hi all,

I got an oblit from GW mail order last night. Only problem? No head! Tried calling GW's customer service, and they are "closed for the holiday"(???) in the US. Now, I know that GW will likely just send me another blister, but my question is, does the blister normally come with a sprue of 2 or more heads? After I get my replacement, I'll still want to use my defective figure... :)

Damon.

barrangas
02-07-2010, 17:18
just 1 head, though convertingone shouldn't be a problem. I did one that used the head of a warrior of chaos that I liked a lot better then the original.

Dreachon
02-07-2010, 20:08
You normally get one metal head in the blister, if you want to fix your missing head one populair choice is putting a terminator helmet there, might need some trimming.

Grimtuff
02-07-2010, 20:48
"closed for the holiday"(???) in the US.

Well, if you do insist on being independent from us.... ;)

Lars Porsenna
02-07-2010, 21:14
Well you know, the flag was very nice and all...

Actually I was more surprised they were closed on a Thursday, when the 4th is on a Sunday. I only get that monday off, must be nice...

Damon.

Lars Porsenna
03-07-2010, 02:43
Thanks for the replies! I eventually filled the empty space with the bare head from the CSM Terminator sprue, with the neck cut down and the back of the head filed a bit to fit. I stuck it on a big blop of epoxy, and primed it black tonite!

I'll wait until I get my other 2 Oblits (I ordered a 2nd from another source, and my eventual GW replacement) and airbrush them along with my DP. Excited!

Damon.

TheSanityAssassin
03-07-2010, 04:53
Maybe they get Canada Day (the first) off as well, given that they're TECHNICALLY GW North America. Mooching free holidays sounds good.

omnivision6
03-07-2010, 04:59
you get one head, but use plastic terminator heads instead. they look way cooler.

Latro_
03-07-2010, 08:40
converting the heads on obliterators is no bad thing, prob a good thing ye didnt get a head