PDA

View Full Version : 3K WoC idea for th

Azmodian
03-07-2010, 05:50
W/ 8th addition on our heals I've been thinking about what army to field, All you WoC experts and masters of GW games I ask you're help (lol) Look over the list and be honest (I have thick skin) I will try and explain my idea behind my army.

__________________________________________________ _________________
Lords / Heroes 350pt
Chaos Sorcerer Lord
MoN, Daemonic steed, Necrotic Phylactery
350pt

(Nurgle magic is IMO the best all around magic you can ask for chaos. I love the thought of Nurgle and the model I have to represent him (work in progress will post when done) is a joy to build and paint. The idea is to have him group with the ogres and run head first into the enemy line and hope for Nurgles rot or some other devastating spells to unleash at close range)

Wulfrik the Wanderer
185pt

(For the points a great hero and a good choice to have him w/ marauders and try to come from behind (i will be playing a good amount of elf armies so this is key) W/ 36 marauders armed with flails he should be devastating and for the players who keep their heroes/sorceress in the rear he should have a good time with them)

Core
18 Chaos warriors (6*3)
MoN, shields, Halberds, Full command.
366pt

18 Chaos warriors (6*3)
366pt

18 Chaos warriors (6*3)
366pt

(nuff said)

36 Chaos marauders (6*6)
MoK, light armor, Flails, Full command
266pt
( Wulfrik will be with this group to come from behind*If the dice gods are with me)

5 Chaos Knights
MoN
230pt

Special

5 Chaos Knights
MoN
230pt

5 Chaos Knights
MoN
230pt

(the reason for 3 groups of 5 is so they have to choose what ones to try and shoot down, they are mostly going to be behind the models of foot in the off chance the chaos warriors line breaks, they charge and clean up the mess. Another reason is they are missal magnets so MoN I hope will help w/ that)

5 Ogres
Mon, Great Weapons, Chaos Armor.
280pt (chaos sorcerer lord with them)

(reap and destroy with the Nurgle Sorcerer lord)

Rare

Chaos Warshrine
130pt

(best option I could think of for the points I had remaining, It will be the first game I've used the Warshrine)
__________________________________________________ _______________
2999pt

Azmodian
03-07-2010, 05:52
OI I noobed it again. Title is supposed to be

3k WoC idea for 8th addition.

theSkullduggery1
06-07-2010, 16:24
It doesn't matter that your general will either be off the board or running far in front of your army because the only units that would use their leadership contain those models.

However, a BSB is very important to 8th edition and you should consider taking one.

Zangor
07-07-2010, 09:19
Your sorcerer lord wont do. You should buy him an extra lvl or you might as well take a lvl 2 sorcerer instead at less then the half price of the lord. Also you would want to equip him with some protection like an enchanted shield and something that gives him a descent ward save.