PDA

View Full Version : Dark elf Raiders 3,000 points (8th ed flavoured)

Theblackdwarf
03-07-2010, 17:09
My first crack at an 8th ed dark elf list. Hows it hold up?

Dark elf raiders 3,000 points

LORDS

Dreadlord- 444 points

W/ armour of eternal servitude, sea dragon cloak, shield, pendant of Kaeleth and death piercer. Mounted on Manticore.

HEROES

Sorceress- 210 points

W/ Level two upgrade, ring of hotek and mounted on Pegasus.

Sorceress- 115 points

W/ Tome of Furion.

Master- 183 points

Battle standard Bearer W/ Heavy armour, sea dragon cloak and Hydra Banner. Mounted on Cold one.

CORE

20 Black ark corsairs- 250 points

W/ Full command and sea serpent standard.

20 Black ark Corsairs- 225 points

W/ Full command.

5 Dark riders- 110 points

W/ Repeater handbows

30 Dark elf warriors- 225 points

W/ Shields and full command.

10 Repeater crossbowmen- 100 points

SPECIAL

30 Black Guard- 455 points

W/ Full command and Standard of Hag Graef

10 Cold one Knights- 310 points

W/ Full command.

RARE

2X Repeater Bolt throwers- 200 points

War hydra- 175 points

Uriain
03-07-2010, 19:04
Only thing I can see at the moment, is your Black Guard unit is 30.. Book says they can only be 20 strong.

Now, if there is somewhere in the rules removing this.. then I will recant my statement.

Tae
03-07-2010, 19:17
Your Corsairs will bounce, horribly.

I started 8th running a list with 3 x 20 Corsairs and when they fight anything T4 with a 4+ AS they just do absolutely jack all.

To the point where now my list includes 5 (yes five!) combat characters at 2,000 just to try and ensure the Corsairs actually win combat.

Now yours may be able to do a bit better if you can get them to support the Black Guard you may have more luck, but otherwise they're going to struggle against most things.

And yes, as above, Black Guard are 5-20, so no 30 man unit.

Theblackdwarf
03-07-2010, 20:19
Ah see, thats the 8th ed "lets make biggggg units" mentality getting me distracted. Thanks folks :) ill see what i can switch around.

Theblackdwarf
03-07-2010, 20:28
Ok, i've dropped the black guard to 20 and bumped the frenzied corsairs to 30 to hopefully give them a bit of weight. Ive found the frenzied ones tend to work quite well though the second squad does rubber blade it sometimes like you said. I think the order of the day would be to draw people onto the spears and support them with the corsairs.

Dark elf raiders 3,000 points

LORDS

Dreadlord- 444 points

W/ armour of eternal servitude, sea dragon cloak, shield, pendant of Kaeleth and death piercer. Mounted on Manticore.

HEROES

Sorceress- 210 points

W/ Level two upgrade, ring of hotek and mounted on Pegasus.

Sorceress- 145 points

W/ Tome of Furion and seal of Ghrond.

Master- 183 points

Battle standard Bearer W/ Heavy armour, sea dragon cloak and Hydra Banner. Mounted on Cold one.

CORE

30 Black ark corsairs- 350 points

W/ Full command and sea serpent standard.

20 Black ark Corsairs- 225 points

W/ Full command.

5 Dark riders- 110 points

W/ Repeater handbows

30 Dark elf warriors- 225 points

W/ Shields and full command.

10 Repeater crossbowmen- 100 points

SPECIAL

20 Black Guard- 325 points

W/ Full command and Standard of Hag Graef

10 Cold one Knights- 310 points

W/ Full command.

RARE

2X Repeater Bolt throwers- 200 points

War hydra- 175 points

Kalandros
04-07-2010, 01:56
Don't forget you have to select spell Lores while making the list, not 'just before deployment'.

And I think Corsairs will do fine with Shadow's Razor spell, S8 corsairs would be maaaaad.

Tae
04-07-2010, 14:00
Also, for a few points chuck the AP banner on the other unit of Corsairs.

fivedollashake
04-07-2010, 18:15
Yes, Shadows razor spell will make a unit of those corsairs so nasty. The new rules make taking extra Cold One Knights a good thing, but I still don't like their cost...especially for the champion.

Executioners with a death hag and the ASF banner is also a good way to go...8th edition makes the executioners useful....you can get a unit of 14 for 198 if you shave some points. Maybe you could drop the knights to 5 and use them as a flanking force for the corsairs.

Just some thoughts

Jack of Blades
04-07-2010, 22:12
I don't see the point in having both regeneration and a ward save on the same model. They don't stack anymore, so remove one of them.