PDA

View Full Version : Beastmen 2250 for 8th

Techpriest
04-07-2010, 00:05
I am building this with 8th in mind. Now the only thing I think is missing is the Large monster backup. But I would add them in with games going up to 2500 and over. So here is what I got. Let me know what you think please.

Beastlord (389)
Brass Cleaver
Ramhorn Helm
Gnarled Hide
Slug Skin
Razorgor Chariot

Bray Shaman (135)
Lvl 2
Dispell Scroll

Wargor (141)
Heavy Armor
Shield
BSB
Combat Standerd

Tuskgor Chariot X3 (240)

Gor Herd x25 (225)
Full Command
x Hand Weapon

Gor Herd x25 (225)
Full Command
X Hand Weapon

Ungor Herd X40 (Horde) (255)
Full Command
Spears

Minotaurs X6 (429)
Full Command
X Hand Weapon
Bloodkine w/ Sword I10

Chaos Spawn X2 (110)

Harpys X7 (98)

Total 2247

112 Models
Lord and Hero 665
Core 945
Special 527
Rare 110

Any Suggestions are welcome. One thing ot consider is that I am not using any named Characters.

mrtn
04-07-2010, 11:59
I fear the spawn will be pretty worthless in this edition, I'd change them to two razorgors. I'd think about shields instead of XHW for the minos, as your champ's got a magic sword he can't use his, so if you run them 2*3 you'll only get two extra attacks from the frontline, but you have to pay for the whole unit. Shields are useful for all, even if you lose the parry save once you go frenzied.

If you find the points for it, a ward save on the BSB could be good, he'll go down fast as is, and you'd lose all those rerolls.

o0-NattyMcFatty-0o
06-07-2010, 23:50
big gor units and ungor units are very good if you go magic heavy, so id suggest that u drop your lord for a great bray shaman at level 4,and then either put your lord on shadows or beasts, and do the same with your level 2 as beasts is very effective on beastmen units and buffs the hell out of your units and shadows does the opposite and makes your opponents units terrible, plus, your magic defence will also improve.
ill second the spawns being bad, but 2 pumbas wont provide enough impact imo, itd probably be better to use the points to buff up your minos so they can take some more wounds before losing the rank bonus.

chariots may also be a bit rubbish in 8th as the units theyll charge are unlikely to break (steadfast) i think they're worth a gamble at 80 points a piece, but id probably drop 1 and use the points somewhere else. just remember that tuskgor chariots will now HAVE to be used as support chargers for your units of gors and ungors, they dont have the punch or ranks (obviously) to break units on their own. Id also be tempted to try and bulk up your gor units and equip them with shields, then go horde, that sed additional hand weps in horde is only a tad worse, its a toss up really, 6 up armour and 6 up ward in cc or an extra attack for every model in the front rank.

minionboy
08-07-2010, 08:19
Gnarled Hide is useless on your lord without any regular armor, just give him Heavy Armor and save the points. HA, Shield, Helm and Chariot already means you'll hit the 1+ cap.

Some decent things to spend those 15 points on: Opal Amulet, Talisman of Protection, or even better, The Rogue Shard. Enemy models in B2B being forced to re-roll saves is handy!

Spenny121
08-07-2010, 14:12
Looks good!

Techpriest
08-07-2010, 14:27
Some decent things to spend those 15 points on: Opal Amulet, Talisman of Protection, or even better, The Rogue Shard. Enemy models in B2B being forced to re-roll saves is handy!

Is the Rogue Shard in the New BRB? I do not remeber seeing that one. If it is, then that is a great option for this lord! And it costs the same points?