PDA

View Full Version : Dawi Vs Druchii 3000pts (8th)

phoenixcrh
04-07-2010, 00:42
Me and a friend decided to get together and try out this new edition, we decided for a standard pitched battle with none of those magical terrain pieces, just some good ole fashion head bashin :) at 3000 points. Here are our lists (I am the dwarves) -

DAWI -

General. 10.76%, 10.76%
Lord. (Kazrik Ironbeard)
Runelord, anvil of doom, shield, runic armour (rune of stone) = 323.

Hero. (Arjac Rockfist)
Thane, BSB, runic armour (master rune of gromril), oathstone = 135.

Hero. (Grungni Dragonheart)
Thane, great weapon, runic armour (rune of stone), oathstone = 94.

Hero. (Grimnir Dragonheart)

Core Units. 30%
*29 warriors, great weapons, standard bearer = 300. (5*6) (BSB goes here)

*29 warriors, great weapons, standard bearer = 300. (5*6) (Grungni goes here)

*29 warriors, great weapons, standard bearer = 300. (5*6) (Grimnir goes here)

Special Units. 39.13%
2*20 hammerers, *2 standard bearers = 504. (5*4)

*15 miners, musician = 170. (5*3)

(Wrath)
Runic grudge thrower (rune of penetrating, rune of burning), engineer = 125.

(Fury)
Runic grudge thrower (rune of penetrating), engineer = 120.

(Vengeance)
Runic cannon (rune of forging, rune of burning) = 130.

(Retribution)
Runic cannon (rune of forging) = 125.

Rare Units. 9.3%
*2 gyrocopters = 280.

= 3000.

Models 145 + 7 war machines.

DRUCHII -

General. 8.76%, 11%
Lord. (Thalui)
Dreadlord, talsiman of preservation, seal of ghrond, great weapon, heavy armour, sea dragon cloak, cold one = 263.

Hero. (Urithair)
Master, BSB, standard of hag graef, great weapon, heavy armour, sea dragon cloak, cold one = 172.

Hero. (Arhain)
Master, crown of command, blood armour, great weapon, sea dragon cloak, cold one = 158.

Core Units. 43%
*25 warriors, shields, full command, banner of murder = 215. (5*5) (Thalui goes here)

*25 corsairs, full command, sea serpent standard = 300. (5*5) (Arhain goes here)

5*10 dark elf crossbowmen = 500.

5*5 harpies = 275.

Special Units. 25.5%
*25 black guard, full command, Blade standard, crimson death = 435. (5*5)

*25 execuioners, full command = 330. (5*5) (Urithair goes here)

Rare Units. 11.66%
*2 war hydras = 350.

= 2998.

Models 178 + 2 monsters.

Pregame thoughts - I am out numbered and those flyers will be tricky but hopefully dawi toughness and my protected formation should be enough.

The pictures are for terrain, deployment and turn 1 for both armies.

Karak Grong turn 1

See map for movement.

A cannon does 4 wounds to 1 hydra and kills the other, other cannon misses the last hydra.
Both grudge throwers miss completely. the Runelord successfully rolls for ancient power for ruin,
I chose 3 of the crossbow units and killed a total of 17!

No combat.

Karond Kar turn 1

See map for movement. A crossbow unit occupies the tower.

No shooting.

No combat.

phoenixcrh
04-07-2010, 00:42
Karak Grong turn 2

See map for movement. miners no show, 2 warrior units reform.

A cannon kills 5 elf warriors and carries on into crossbowmen killing 2 more, the other cannon aims at the tower but fails to destroy it.
Aiming for the black guard both the grudge throwers scatter badly and manage to kill 1 harpy!
A gyrocopter flames the black guard and kills 11, the other gyrocopter flames the executioners and kills 8.
The runelord kills 3 more executioners with ruin.

No combat.

Karond Kar turn 2

See map for movement.

All the crossbowmen shoot at a gyrocopter and from 58 shots caused 1 wound.

Harpies fighting the runelord lose 2 but roll insane courage and stay.
Harpies fighting cannons kill 1 crew, harpies fighting grudge throwers destroys 1 but doesnt pursue.

Karak Grong turn 3

See map for movement. Miners appear.

A gyrocopter flames the black guard and kills 6, the other gyrocopter flames the executioners and kills 1.

The runelord kills a harpy and they flee off the board. The rest of the harpies kill 1 crew from each remaining warmachine,
with all break tests passed.

Karond Kar turn 3
See map for movement. Harpies charge the runelord, black guard and executioners charge BSB warriors, corsairs charge right hand warriors,
elf warriors charge left hand warriors and the hydra charge the left hand hammerers. 2 thanes place the oathstones.

The crossbowmen kill 1 hammerer but fail to wound the gyrocpters.

The hydra kills 5 hammerers but gets killed in return, the hammerers over run into the elf warriors.
The dreadlord kills the thane in a challenge with their units losing 1 model each, the break test is passed.
The black guard and executioners kill 17 warriors, losing 2 black guard and 2 executioners in return,
the master BSB also gets wounded by the thane BSB, the warriors and thane BSB fail their break test and are destroyed,
both units over run into the next combats. The corsairs kill 2 but lose 10 in return, both heroes fluff it and the corsairs flee,
due to panic tests the 2 adjoining harpy units flee. 1 harpy unit is destroyed and the other loses combat and flees.

phoenixcrh
04-07-2010, 00:43
Karak Grong turn 4

See map for movement.

The runelord gets oath and honour and the right hand hammerers charge the flank of the executioners. 1 cannon destroys the tower and kills the
crossbowmen and the other overshoots and kills 1 crossbowmen. The grudge thrower over shoots but kills of a crossbowmen unit.
1 gyrocopter kills 4 corsairs and the other kills 5 more crossbowmen.

The mass combat on the left sees 10 warriors and the thane killed but in the end dwarves won the combat
and both the black guard and elf warriors flee and are destroyed, dwarfs pursue to the left.
3 executioners are killed for 8 warriors and 2 hammerers dead, dwarves lose the combat by 1 but pass break test.

Karond Kar turn 4

See map for movement. 2 harpies fail to rally and flee off the board, 1 harpy unit rallies. The corsairs fail to rally and continue to flee.

crossbowmen kill 1 hammerer.

5 warriors and 2 hammerers are killed for 4 executioners dead, the combat is a draw.

Karak Grong turn 5

See map for movement.

combined shooting kills 3 crossbowmen and 7 corsairs.

The top side warriors destroyed the last harpies. 5 warriors and 1 hammerer are killed but destroy the executioners and master.

Karond Kar turn 5

See map for movement. The corsairs keep fleeing.

Shooting kills 2 more warriors.

No combat.

phoenixcrh
04-07-2010, 00:55
Karak Grong turn 6

See map for movement.

Combined shooting kills 2 corsairs and 4 crossbowmen, 1 crossbowmen panics and flees.

No combat.

Karond Kar turn 6

See map for movement. The corsairs rally.

Shooting ineffective.

No combat.

Post game thoughts - I think it was a good game over all, although I need to find a way to protect my vulnerable war machines and my characters need more protection also. The gyrocopters are deadly against elves and the cannons are just cool. Other than that im happy with the dwarves performance :)

Dwarves - A dreadlord, a BSB master, 23 corsairs, 25 elf warriors, 25 black guard, 25 executioners, 25 harpies and 49 crossbowmen + general, battle standard, 4 standards and 1 table quarter = 3135.

Dark elves - A BSB thane, a thane, 62 dwarf warriors, 12 hammerers and a grudge thrower + Battle standard and 1 standard = 1144.

3135 - 1144 = 1991. MASSACRE FOR THE DAWI :)

Falkman
04-07-2010, 01:15
You don't get VP for quarters :p.

phoenixcrh
04-07-2010, 01:17
We house ruled a few things like 100 points each for the general and battle standard and 25 points for each standard and table quarter to make it interesting :)

freddieyu
04-07-2010, 02:28
Great report...still pitched battle though..I hope you get to try the other objective based scenarios...

Casshole
04-07-2010, 05:32
I can imagine the look on the DE players face when 58 shots only wounded once.

Nice bat rep, pics were hard to follow but they usually are for me :-)

skelezom
04-07-2010, 06:51
I have one question: Do you know that his mounted characters in the infantry blocks don't get "look out sir"? I mean, I'd understand if you didn't but I was just checking. Other than that, that was a good win, although I question his use of Always strikes last Executioners...

chivalrous
04-07-2010, 12:56
It's a shame there was no magic involved. Taking a sorceress with Metal or shadows could have really helped whittle down his blocks as the Dwarf artillery was eating into the Dark Elves.

phoenixcrh
04-07-2010, 13:17
We wanted a simple slug fest without the complication of magic just to get a general feel for the basic gameplay, I am going to play a lizardman player later on today so I will post that one and he will have a slann and special terrain so the works :)

The 58 shots and 1 wound was quite funny but it was at long range, multi shot which meant 5s to hit and 6s to wound at str3 vs t5.

I read some where that as long as a mounted character is within a unit he still gets a 4+ 'look out sir roll'? will have to double check that one lol.

And the executioners had the standard of hag graef BSB in with them so they had ASF.

Falkman
04-07-2010, 13:19
I read some where that as long as a mounted character is within a unit he still gets a 4+ 'look out sir roll'? will have to double check that one lol.
Not true, look out sir can only be gotten if in, or within 3" of a unit of the same unit type as the character.

And the executioners had the standard of hag graef BSB in with them so they had ASF.
Well no, they would strike in initiative order though.
And the BSB wouldn't be able to join them in the first place, so they shouldn't even do that.

phoenixcrh
04-07-2010, 13:19
I changed my lists a little with the lessons from earlier and to suit the forced movement my short legged friends have to go through in these objective based scenarios lol.

FOR A DEFENCIVE STANCE -

General. 10.76%, 12.4%
Lord. (Kazrik Ironbeard)

Hero. (Arjac Rockfist)
Thane, BSB, great weapon, runic armour (master rune of gromril), runic talisman (master rune of spite), oathstone = 184.

Core Units. 30%

Special Units. 37.46%
2*25 hammerers, *2 standard bearers = 624. (5*5)

(Wrath)
Runic grudge thrower (rune of penetrating, rune of burning), engineer = 125.

(Fury)
Runic grudge thrower (rune of penetrating), engineer = 120.

(Vengeance)
Runic cannon (rune of forging, rune of burning) = 130.

(Retribution)
Runic cannon (rune of forging) = 125.

Rare Units. 9.3%
*2 gyrocopters = 280.

= 2999.

Models 140 + 7 war machines.

OR FOR THE OBJECTIVE BASED SCENARIOS -

General. 10.76%, 12.4%
Lord. (Kazrik Ironbeard)

Hero. (Arjac Rockfist)
Thane, BSB, great weapon, runic armour (master rune of gromril), runic talisman (master rune of spite), oathstone = 184.

Core Units. 30%

Special Units. 37.46%
2*25 hammerers, *2 standard bearers = 624. (5*5)

2*15 miners, *2 musicians = 340. (5*3)

(Bane)
Runic bolt thrower (master rune of immolation, rune of burning), engineer = 95.

(Ruin)
Runic bolt thrower (rune of burning), engineer = 65.

Rare Units. 9.3%
*2 gyrocopters = 280.

= 2999.

Models 170 + 5 war machines.

phoenixcrh
04-07-2010, 13:30
I shall tell him about that look out sir mistake thanks, even with initiative order they are still twice as fast as my little friends lol.

Falkman
04-07-2010, 13:31
Yeah but the Master can't join them so they wouldn't have the banner in the first place ;).

emperorpenguin
04-07-2010, 19:46
As Falkman says the noble cannot join the Executioners as he isn't "Khainite", only a Hag BSB can join Executioners.
Also the maximum size of a Black Guard regiment is 20, so that unit was too large.

phoenixcrh
05-07-2010, 08:56
Lol that cheating git! The BSB thing was a slip on my part aswell (I should have known better), but that khainite and BG stuff! I will have a reckoning with him and my axe soon enough :D

Deathjester
05-07-2010, 13:00
Cannonball's also stop when they hit large targets so the 1st cannon couldn't have killed the second war hydra...

Just for future reference ;)