PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Blood bowl army?

Marnus
26-02-2006, 15:22
Hey whats you favourite blood bowl team.
i thought it might be fun to talk about the current greatest teams coz mainly im bored but also ...... its fun:D.
feel free to put in your full team or even any other teams you may use.:skull:

Marnus
26-02-2006, 15:26
Mine is the lizardmen i have the standerd team of 8 skinks and 4 saurus' and of course a big guy, you know them........? ahh yes a kroxigor. there painted in a cool lizardy blue with a lighter blue for there scales plus white cloths and scull coloured well sculls. there big mean and unbeatable.:skull:

Skinnydookie
26-02-2006, 22:44
Just started a Skaven team today in a new league me and a few friends are starting using the latest PBBL rules they have been playtesting in the blood bowl community.

Clan Moulder and Scully:
3 Gutter Runners
2 Storm Vermin (Blitzers)
7 Linemen
3 Re-rolls
5 Fan Factor

I beat a Dark Elf team (The Venom City Vypers) 4-2. Skaven are my favourite team as they are cheap and fast and I prefer the running game to bashing or passing games (generally).

Lafeel Abriel
26-02-2006, 23:08
Lizzies! Hard team to learn how to use, but when you learn how to, you soon realize they are a great team to play, and very effective, too.

spevna
27-02-2006, 01:09
We are currently playing a DungeonBowl league and Im playing undead. Pefrect team for restricted space and games without much throwing.

Jedi152
27-02-2006, 08:36
Goblins, halflings: I like having an excuse for losing, and you get even more respect if you win!

Crube
27-02-2006, 09:11
Favourite overall woudl be my old Chaos team, but for sheer fun, Halflings :D

As Jedi says, you get amazing kudos if you win

(reminisces (sp) my halfling team - The Packed Lunch, vs Wood Elves. 1-1, last turn, 1 Halfling, vs Treeman block = 1 dead treeman :D :eek:)

Oh that was fun....

Skaven Lord Vinshqueek
27-02-2006, 09:56
The best teams in tournaments all over the globe would be (without doubt) the skaven. Very fast and nimble. They're one of my most used teams, though I prefer the dwarves a little more. Nigh impossible to take down and I seriously love a good old mash-up with my opponents. ^_^

Though, with the new PBBL rules, I might think about going for goblins! The possibility to actually (legally!) add a chainsaw-wielding goblin in your team is just SOO tempting.

Greetz

rkunisch
27-02-2006, 10:58
I am playing the Naggaroth Dragons - a Dark Elf team obviously. Never defeated as of yet, but the last time (against Vampires) it was veeery close. :evilgrin:

Have fun,

Rolf.

Crube
27-02-2006, 11:00
With my chaos team, i played in a league in Derby. 1st game i won 2-1 vs Skaven...although in casualties it was 8-0...4 of those being very very dead...

Yes Skaven are incredibly quick, but they break very easily, especially at lower team ratings IMO...

Skaven Lord Vinshqueek
27-02-2006, 13:26
*grins*... Very true indeed. I've played them some three years ago for the last time, until some month ago when I took a complete new team of them to the Dutch Open bloodbowl tournament. Even WITH the rat ogre, I got pounded from all sides. Really some incredibly embarassing results (lost 6-0 to pro elves, though I blame my dice for that one:rolleyes: ).

Greetz

Bubble Ghost
27-02-2006, 14:21
Skaven all the way. They run like the clappers, they can get those extremely handy mutations, and have just enough finesse to play the ball without the players getting too expensive.

The time they're most vulnerable is at the start of a league, and early matches are a bit nervy - I once had to withdraw from a tournament because lucky injury rolls annihilated my team before I'd got out of the starting blocks. But in many more tournaments, Athletico Skavenblight have run rings around people. If you get through your first three or four games or so OK, you're laughing. Skaven are not only fast, they're surprisingly vicious once they've got a few games under their belts - thanks to mutations and extremely mobile assists, you can actually start to give as good as you get in a punch up (even without a rat ogre, who is a bit of a white elephant in my book).

TeddyC
27-02-2006, 14:37
Gobbos all da way!

Badlands Baddies have only ever won a single game in league or cup against a chaos team witha bloodthirster!

They have however managed to kill a very experienced Vampire...

alas by Gobbos have retired and actually as I type this im starting to paint by equally unreliable vampire team....off for a bite? every otehr flaming turn!

Its all fun though!

Quin 242
27-02-2006, 15:49
I have to say that my Human teams have always done remarkably well. They might be the baseline with no frills but they don't have any drawbacks either.

Jet
02-03-2006, 20:45
I think Chaos Dwarves are supposed to be especially strong once you get a few skills up. All the dwarves with guard, the hobbos with a few handling skills and seriously skilled up centaurs make them an incredibly versatile team.

TrollTyg
02-03-2006, 21:32
I play a chaos dwarf team with too many hobgobbos, need to get a warrior or two or even better another bullcentaur in there too boost it up a bit.

Even thou i mostly loose with this team i havent left a game thats not been fun and exciting to play yet.

Has played a Dark elf and wood elf team in the past and find the dark elves to be a bit on the expencive side when it comes to what their good at on the field.

Wood elf can be a real killer after a couple of good games, the eagle or cage formation was built for this team in my opinion (even thou my hobbos often use the cage to get those not to common thouch down they do, except Rabid Ralph he's a killing machine :evilgrin: )

liquiddream78
05-03-2006, 01:37
Right now I have a Elf team and I have one win and two ties. I would be undefeatd if it was not for my horrible luck. But anyways, I know of the cage and have used it with dwarfs teams, what is the EAGLE formation? Since I use Elves I hope this strategy can help me win more games.

TrollTyg
06-03-2006, 21:04
Its a "V" formation with the ball in the front or on a cathcer/Thrower behind the front.
You need some nice skills for this to work as you want it and with wood elves its easy if you have a wardancer with the ball and some nice skills.
Can write down the whole skill list when i remember it ;)
This one seems to work only for wood elves, star eves and skaven (sometimes for high elves) and the cage is a better choise if you have other teams.

Anvilbrow
08-03-2006, 00:43
Dwarfs, hands down. Skills, skills, skills. They are expensive to start with, but they absolutely rock. The only teams I ever had any trouble with were Skaven and elves, but with Tackle on your Longbeards, that went a long way towards negating their agility and dodge ability. Once you get all your Longbeards guard, the line becomes nigh unstoppable (although rather ponderous).