PDA

View Full Version : Another Crazy Night Lords Thread

Green-is-best
04-07-2010, 22:48
So, I was sitting around thinking about Orks, as is my wont and I got to thinking about the other Night Lords thread going right now and stumbled across what I think is an interesting question...

Would the Night Lords ally with Orks for a major campaign?

I know it sounds loony on the face of it, but think about it....

What do Orks like? Killing stuff for the sake of killing stuff and amassing material wealth.

What do the Night Lords like? Killing stuff for the sake of killing stuff and amassing material wealth.

That's probably the closest cross-factional alignment of interests in all of 40k. Plus, the Night Lords also don't subscribe to the Imperial Creed, or any other creed for that matter, so they have no particular reason to hate Orks simply for being Orks. The only obstacle I can see is that they'd have to split the spoils, but if the pot is big enough, who cares?

Zothos
04-07-2010, 22:56
Night Lords are still xenophobes. They do not really like anybody...

Green-is-best
04-07-2010, 23:00
Night Lords are still xenophobes. They do not really like anybody...

They don't have to like each other to be allies. Enemy of my enemy and all that. Orks aren't exactly renowned for their open armed hospitality, but they'll certainly make use of human mercs.

Not saying that makes it a possibility or anything, but I think xenophobia is probably less of a stumbling block for Night Lords than pretty much any other space marine force out there.

Wyrmwood
04-07-2010, 23:42
Hmm, it is quite an interesting point you raise there my Orky friend; however, I think the Astartes innate feelings of superiority would probably cause enough disdain for anyone, even other Astartes, to prevent them working alongisde the Orks.

Askil the Undecided
05-07-2010, 00:57
Well this is were you're wrong chaos and Orks have historically got along quite well as the both rather like turning up and thoroughly ruining their enemies day with little regard for the planet their enemy might be standing on at the time after the fight ends.

NL particularly might use the Orks as a iron fist to screw with ther enemies while they flit about terrorising their foes although it's more likey they'd just manipulate the Orks and then kill them afterwards when their mutual foe was beaten ad the Ork numbers where lower.

Corax
06-07-2010, 22:31
I'm not sure that they would team up simply because it would be impossible for them to co-ordinate their forces in any meaningful way or be able to trust each other long enough to get anything done.

We all know that as soon as the enemy is defeated, the orks are going to turn around and attack the Night Lords. So the Night Lords, knowing this, will have to attack them just before the end of the battle with the enemy (to get the jump on them), or leave the Orks to finish the job (and grab the spoils). Either solution is less than ideal for the Night Lords.

Ironic as it sounds, the Orks may simply be too chaotic for Chaos to work with.

Jonny_N
07-07-2010, 09:20
What do the Night Lords like? Killing stuff for the sake of killing stuff and amassing material wealth.

Only those who have lost their passion for the Night Haunters last words/memory/mission.

Brother of the Hydra
07-07-2010, 10:19
[QUOTE=Green-is-best;4789355]Would the Night Lords ally with Orks for a major campaign?[QUOTE]

IMO this is more Alpha Legion territory... :shifty:

Askil the Undecided
07-07-2010, 10:25
As with everything else to do with ruthless evildoers, yes... If it served their purposes.

Malice313
07-07-2010, 11:48
I suppose they might team up. From memory though, an "alliance" with an Ork doesn't tend to end well... even if you're an Ork.

fenrisnorth
24-07-2010, 22:54
If someone will always betray their allies, they aren't really chaotic anymore, just orderly @$$holes

Ertle
25-07-2010, 04:29
The general thinking of most Chaos (and the Imperium. shhhhh) Is that the enemy of my enemy dies last. So would they Ally? Doubtful. Would they use them as a weapon while they sneak about terrorizing? Most Likely.

TheRedAngel
25-07-2010, 07:46
The old 2nd edition chaos codex actually allowed this in the rules - though only chaos allying with orks, not the other way around.

But it didn't discriminate between the fractions, all chaos marine forces could include ork allies.

On the other hand orks back than were a bit more than beasts on two feet, so an alliance could have actually worked for some time.

Malice313
25-07-2010, 11:52
The old 2nd edition chaos codex actually allowed this in the rules - though only chaos allying with orks, not the other way around.

No self respecting Warboss would employ a Oomie to do an Orks job.

Zweischneid
25-07-2010, 12:00
Why not?

Presumably they might team up to fight against Dante's Blood Angels and his Necron allies :D