PDA

View Full Version : Tau - original ideas ?

cornonthecob
05-07-2010, 08:08
When looking through the white dwarf when the tau came out, they had some very intresting ideas for them. They looked very indian/chinese with large straw hats , massive billowing robes etc.

Have they done anything to go with this at all ? Or have they just let them become just generic anime aliens ?

Clockwork-Knight
05-07-2010, 08:59
That sort of clothing is probably used by the water and ethereal caste. You can see a picture of a bunch of rather filigrane Tau civilians escaping while a bunch of fire warriors protect them.

cornonthecob
05-07-2010, 09:50
Oh , I would of liked more of this , I know it's against the tau who try and use modern tactics for their military , but a bit of 40k wackiness would be fun.

snottlebocket
05-07-2010, 15:23
Oh , I would of liked more of this , I know it's against the tau who try and use modern tactics for their military , but a bit of 40k wackiness would be fun.

Like a drunk earth caste martial artists who roams the galaxy beating up those who mean harm to innocent travelers?

massey
05-07-2010, 17:09
Like a drunk earth caste martial artists who roams the galaxy beating up those who mean harm to innocent travelers?

Which would be more impressive if the greatest Tau martial artist ever wasn't WS 3. :)

shaso_iceborn
05-07-2010, 17:20
Which would be more impressive if the greatest Tau martial artist ever wasn't WS 3. :)

Aun'Shi was WS5 IIRC.

EDIT: 1000th post woot woot.

massey
05-07-2010, 17:49
Aun'Shi was WS5 IIRC.

EDIT: 1000th post woot woot.

[Foghorn Leghorn]It's a joke, son. I joke, I say. Nice kid, but he ain't too bright.[/Foghorn Leghorn]

shaso_iceborn
05-07-2010, 19:25
[Foghorn Leghorn]It's a joke, son. I joke, I say. Nice kid, but he ain't too bright.[/Foghorn Leghorn]

Sarcasm is so hard to read these days.