PDA

View Full Version : 2250pts Empire Army

logan054
05-07-2010, 17:12
Well this is going to be my next project once i get my VC finished, i have been thinking about doing this for some time, i want to do a Knights Panther themed army, the main reason is instead of greatswords i want knights Panther on foot.

Heres the planned list

Ok heres my Idea for a knights Panther themed army for 8th ed, just wanted some general feedback.

Characters

Knights Panther Templar Grandmaster
- Sword of Sigismund
- Holy Relic
Total 235pts

Warrior Priest
- Great Weapon
- Armour of Destiny
Total 144pts

Knights Panther Captain
- Battle Standard bearer
- Armour of Meteroic Iron
- Potion of strength
- Great Weapon
Total 129pts

Battle Wizard
- level 2
- Feedback Scroll
- Lord of Life
Total 150pts

Core

30 Halberdiers
- Fullcommand
- Total 170pts

Detachments
15 Halberdiers
Total 75pts

10 Archers
total 80pts

30 Swordsmen
- Fullcommand
Total 205pts

Detachments

10 Archers
total 80pts

15 Halberdiers
Total 75pts

6 Knights Panther
- Standard
- Champion
- Warbanner
Total 195pts

Special

5 Knights Panther
- Inner Circle
- Standard
Total 146pts

23 Knights Panther on Foot (Greatswords)
- Fullcommand
Total 260pts

Detachments

10 Archers
total 80pts

10 Freecompany
total 50pts

1 Great Cannon
total 100pts

1 Mortar
Total 75pts

Army total 2249pts

logan054
05-07-2010, 22:31
Any suggestions at all?

Nocculum
05-07-2010, 22:33
Looks good Logan, well balanced, good core components, not too character heavy.

My only immediate suggestion is to give the Captain Full Plate Armour, Shield, Great Weapon, and switch out Sword of Might for Potion of Strength.

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition...

Nor a STR9 Captain :D

Walls
06-07-2010, 02:16
I like the theme, that's for sure! It's almost Brettonian in quality... peasants and serfs (archers and halberdiers) holding down the fort while the knights smashy smashy.

I really like the list. Looks like it'd be fun and fair to play against.

The Unknown
06-07-2010, 04:52
very nice list id.
if you whant to have more knights i would drop the swordsmen you have already much infantry and make that deatachment for your foot kights bigger 10 is not enough 8th ed.

logan054
06-07-2010, 09:27
Cheers for the all the feedback

@ The Unknown - very interesting idea, as i wanted to make my main infantry blocks from DoW Leopard Company that woudl certainly save me some cash! i could then use the points to bulk some of the other deatchments as well and leave the swordsmen for a 3k list.

@ Walls - Cheers mate, i have been thinking about doing this type of army for several years now, thankfully my financial situation is going to change soon i can actually afford to do it. Do you agree with unknown or do you think i keep the swordsmen?

@ Nocculum - Cheers mate, i did actually want another wizard but i had to drop him :( originally i was goingto have inner circle knights however i had to downgrade them so i would have enough core :( Great weapon and potion of strength is certainl a very good idea, i think i will use that, i was going to add him to the great swords so he might look cooler with them anyways. I have the perfect hero in mind which has been sitting in my bitz box for a very long time! Same question do you think the list needs more knights?

My only thought when writing this list was is gunpowder actually going to fit in with the theme all that well? i mean is that stretching the theme abit much, i could see it working better with Reiksguards but lets be honest, they simply are not as cool!

Again cheers for you feedback, its given me a few things to ponder on!

Nocculum
06-07-2010, 10:40
I'd personally go for 2X 6 Units of Knights, but that's because I'm not freaking out about Steadfast like, ermm, most of Warseer.

The unit as it is is very fluffy and I think you should play a few games before deciding. If you can drop something to make them Inner Circle, I'd do that too, the extra strength and WS is vital.

logan054
06-07-2010, 12:16
To be honest i cant actually see the point in a unit of 6 knights, its not like it can break ranks anymore, its also going to have the same amount of attacks as to smaller unit.

I certainly do want some inner circle but i would have to buy another unit otherwise i wont have enough core :(

Nocculum
06-07-2010, 12:18
That unit of ten won't break ranks if it loses one knight either Logan, that was my main point.

logan054
06-07-2010, 12:26
hmm, you make a very good point :( ok madesome changes to the list

Walls
06-07-2010, 13:59
I like the swordsmen. They're gonna be as killy a unit as you have, 5x6 or 6x5 will keep steadfast and can even reform to a horde.

I do think you should make one unit of knights 5 guys and the other 10 or 12. 5 takes up less real estate but still can pack a punch. 10 or 12 gives you the important rank.

logan054
06-07-2010, 14:07
I think with the swordsmen i will deploy them 5x6 just so its harder to break their stubborn, i will deploy the halberdier 6x5 with a warrior priest and then greatswords 6x4 with BSB, grandmaster with the unit of 9 knights and the unit 6 knights will be on its tod.

To be honest im nore sure how i would find anymore points for knights unless i made the army bigger :(

Walls
06-07-2010, 14:22
I would switch the BSB and Priest around. Greatswords are stubborn, I think your other units benefit more from the BSB.

As for knights go 10 normal, 5 Inner Circle.

logan054
06-07-2010, 22:14
Well to be honest i thought the Priest would boost the halberdiers the most, my plan was to have the greatswords between the two blocks so they both gained the rerolls, i can certainly change that however im not so sure how well the halberdiers will perform without a warrior priest.

The Farmer
07-07-2010, 10:26
Unless something has changed empire BSB's cant take any nonmagical equipment except armour and steeds. They changed this with the high elf book but unfortunately empire and orcs missed out.

logan054
07-07-2010, 12:48
Oh i didnt know they couldnt, well i guess its back to the sword of might is thats correct then :(

Zaszz
07-07-2010, 14:15
If your going to go knight heavy it may be worthwhile to change lore of fire to life, as knights are one of the best targets for the regrowth spell. Consider a level 4 with an item that lets him take an extra spell. Try to get off throne of vines, then toughness buff, then regrowth. Your opponent really needs to stop all 3. I mean if he blasts away 4 knights then you rez them all, or god forbid you get off +3 toughness and he can kill 1-2 and you easily rez them all. Just something to consider anyway.

logan054
07-07-2010, 14:22
Lore of life it is then!