PDA

View Full Version : HE Experimental 2500 for 8th

riotknight
05-07-2010, 19:33
Telics - Lore of Shadow
Mage Level 2 - Staff of Solidity - High Magic
Noble - BSB - Banner of the World Dragon, Dragon Armor, Shield, Halberd

30 LSG - Shields, FC, Banner of Eternal Flame.
30 Spearmen - FC.
20 Phoenix Guard - FC, Banner of Sorcery
10 Dragon Princes - FC, Warbanner, Drakemaster: Terror Mask( Forget the name)
2x Repeater Bolt Thrower

Total 2472

The main point is to pick a unit, and wither it down via bolt thrower and Arrow fire (considering dropping the princes to 5 and making the second unit of Spears another unit of LSG). Shadow helps lower toughness and slows units down, and High magic helps with Curse of Arrow attraction. When things get in tough, I go for Mindrazer and nuke whats left of a unit.

Quannum
05-07-2010, 21:17
Yeah, it works. And works nicely.

Just remember that you won't be able to cast MindRazor on the unit with the BSB due to that Banner.

Q

riotknight
05-07-2010, 23:07
Yeah, it works. And works nicely.

Just remember that you won't be able to cast MindRazor on the unit with the BSB due to that Banner.

Q

Right, he's either going to be in the phoenix Guard or the LSG unit. With Shadows ability to swap character locations (And whether or not the BSB is immune to that affect) I should be able to make sure he's where I want him when I want him there, or Teclis is where he's safest.

06-07-2010, 02:21
BSB is toooooo vulnerable. He'll get sniped double quick. I'm not sure I'd put any magic banner on a BSB. It makes him a bigger target priority while taking away his access to magic armor and talismans. Double plus ungood.

I'd be interested in how 10 DP's work. (Never, ever have I fielded more than 6) but more shooting would be attractive.