PDA

View Full Version : 8th: "Heroslayer" weapon and unit champions

Palantir
05-07-2010, 20:40
The Heroslayer:

Bearer gains 1 attack and strength for every character model that is in base contact with him or his unit. Bonus is calculated at every the beginning of the close combat

Does unit champions count as characters in this regard?

Dutch_Digger
05-07-2010, 20:45
champions are not characters

Blekinge
05-07-2010, 20:59
Gains 1 A and S for each ENEMY character....

Yes, they did catch it

Bloodknight
05-07-2010, 21:02
Unless that weapon is nearly free, I fail to see why anybody would field it. Seems like a worse Sword of Might.(Haven't seen the new book yet).

Malorian
05-07-2010, 21:07
Unless that weapon is nearly free, I fail to see why anybody would field it. Seems like a worse Sword of Might.(Haven't seen the new book yet).

Seeing as how some armies like orcs and goblins can/will have a LOT of characters that weapon can become very worth while.

Palantir
05-07-2010, 22:11

Well if enemy champions count as characters, it'll give +2S and +2A if fighting a unit with an additional char in it. In challenges it makes a Doombull S7 with 6A, so it's worth considering.

Urgat
06-07-2010, 07:08

To deal with bunker units.
And no, champions are not character, the only link to characters they have is that "they can accept challenges like a character". That's all.

Bloodknight
06-07-2010, 07:11
To deal with bunker units

Hmmmm. I could see this with Goblins and Skaven and maybe the odd Empire captain. Still, you have to be in btb with more than one character to make it really worthwhile compared to - say - a halberd.

Dutch_Digger
06-07-2010, 07:42
i believe this sword costs about as much as a sword of might, which sounds like equal deal. Only need 1 enemy char in the combat to make this new sword the better one

Lord Solar Plexus
06-07-2010, 07:52
Champions don't count? Oh... *back to list making*