PDA

View Full Version : Duplicate Spells

Toads77
06-07-2010, 05:13
I've been told that you cannot have multiples of the same spells, yet having looked over the magic section twice now, have failed to find it. So it's either two things, it was a rumor that didn't pan out or I am in fact blind.

If it is in the rule book, could someone please tell me the page number and what paragraph its under.

Kalandros
06-07-2010, 07:22
You can have duplicate spells - the only restriction is that wizards that ROLL for their spell cannot have the same spell.

Any character that buys a spell like Necromancers or Vampires' Forbidden Lore can have the same spell as other wizards.

Oberon
06-07-2010, 07:41
Page 490, in the bottom of the page on the left, starting "Ordinarily, each spell can only be known once in the same army..." and follows with exceptions.

Toads77
06-07-2010, 08:16
So the rule for duplicate spells is in the spell lore section and not the basic rules for the magic phase. (assuming that pg 490 is where the lores are, since I know they are in the back of the book but not the exact page number) That seems rather odd.

Is this restriction only for college lore or for any lore? (armybook and rulebook lore) Just guessing but it seems to me that restriction is only for college lore? (the 8 rulebook lores)

Mr_Rose
06-07-2010, 08:31
So the rule for duplicate spells is in the spell lore section and not the basic rules for the magic phase. (assuming that pg 490 is where the lores are, since I know they are in the back of the book but not the exact page number) That seems rather odd.

Is this restriction only for college lore or for any lore? (armybook and rulebook lore) Just guessing but it seems to me that restriction is only for college lore? (the 8 rulebook lores)
You will notice that the rules for the magic phase do not cover spell selection at all; they tell you how to cast spells, not how to get them. Funnily enough, the shooting phase doesn't tell you how to buy bows for your manz either. The spell selection rules are for all spells, just like the army selection rules are for all armies.