PDA

View Full Version : Space Marine Chapter created by the mechanicum ?

cornonthecob
06-07-2010, 14:02
I was talking to one of my friends a while ago about space marine chapters and we were arguing over a particular chapter. I don't remember much about it , but I believe it was made by the mechanicum JUST to defend a forgeworld , nothing else but that. This caused the HLOT ( High lords of terra) to then change how marine chapters could be made only on commision from all of them.

Does this chapter exist ? Or is it something someone made up ?

Malice313
06-07-2010, 16:03
I'm unfamiliar with it, though it does sound plausible.

MrSatan
06-07-2010, 16:12
Very early Iron Hands Fluff Maybe?

cornonthecob
06-07-2010, 16:15
I think they had a silver colour scheme and were possibly in the insignium astartes.

Leftenant Gashrog
06-07-2010, 18:38
Steel Confessors: http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Steel_Confessors

Karl MkVI
06-07-2010, 19:30
Steel Confessors: http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Steel_Confessors

good work sir! :) did you look it up, or just, know?

cool idea, in any case.

Askil the Undecided
07-07-2010, 08:13
Please, don't stop. It makes me so happy when people incorrectly refer to the Adeptus Mechanicus as the Mechanicum ignoring the 10000 years since it has been called that like Gullimans formation of the Adeptuses never happened.

cornonthecob
07-07-2010, 08:17
Please, don't stop. It makes me so happy when people incorrectly refer to the Adeptus Mechanicus as the Mechanicum ignoring the 10000 years since it has been called that like Gullimans formation of the Adeptuses never happened.

Sorry , I just naturally assumed it was the mechanicum since several people refer to it as that. Also aren't the Admech only tied to the imperium loosely , and Gullimans big book wouldn't effect them as much ? Or is adeptus merely a title that the rest of the imperium view them with ?

The Judge
07-07-2010, 08:27
Adeptus as in part of the Adeptus Terra (Adepta?)

Things like the the Adeptus Mechanicus, Adeptus Astartes, Adeptus Astra Telepathica, Adeptus Arbites etc.

Askil the Undecided
07-07-2010, 09:09
Indeed.

The Adeptus Terra - the Servants of the the golden throne, essentially you're part of the Adeptus (something) or you're one of two worthless commodities to the Imperium, civilians and enemies.

Since Gulliman did his Big E Jr. act and rebuilt the Imperium as a regimented war machine the Mechanicum has not existed.

MagosHereticus
07-07-2010, 09:38
Indeed.

The Adeptus Terra - the Servants of the the golden throne, essentially you're part of the Adeptus (something) or you're one of two worthless commodities to the Imperium, civilians and enemies.

Since Gulliman did his Big E Jr. act and rebuilt the Imperium as a regimented war machine the Mechanicum has not existed.

i'll add:
the mechanicum rebelled against the emperor, that is when it ceased to be, the still loyal fragments of the mechanicum formed a new organisation under the leadership of the fabricator locum after the siege of terra, the adeptus mechanicus

Iuris
07-07-2010, 10:47
I'm using AdMech, as a general term, come hell or high water. Shorter, easier to pronounce and has a certain techy feel :)