PDA

View Full Version : 8th WoC mount question

Sexiest_hero
07-07-2010, 15:54
In my undivided force I'd like to have one exalted champion of each god's mark on each god's mount in a Hero unit. would this be a legal set up or do I have to put them all on demonic steeds?

jaxom
07-07-2010, 17:12
Tzeench cannot join a unit because of the Flying rule. Everything else should work since they're all 50mm deep and so they form a proper unit when ranked. Aside from fluff, not sure why you'd want to do this because of other problems in the rules though...

Zangor
07-07-2010, 17:28
I was thinking that you make the unit and have the Tzeentch and nurgle mounts "count as" demonic steeds, since the disc cant join the unit and the palanquin would slow down the others too much... just an idea.

Personally I use the "count as" rule a lot, since I want my army to look cool, even though GW wants marauders to look terrible ;)

Sexiest_hero
07-07-2010, 17:29
It's a for fun army where winning is second to fluff.

Lord of the End Times
07-07-2010, 17:41
That would be kind of cool (although the disc would have to be used 'counts as demonic steed' as Zangor states).
With no upgrades at all that would cost 4x110+50+50+50+25 = 615pts. That would mean a minimum game size of 2460pts (2500) to fit in the percentage allowance for heroes. Why not though, it would be cool.

theorox
07-07-2010, 17:48
You can't join them to eachoter though. They can always run alongside eachother though, but with random charges it would be strange when one charges in and the others fail...

Theo :D

Leth Shyish'phak
07-07-2010, 19:32
You can't join them to eachoter though.

Yes you can, other than the disk, which as said would have to be a daemonic mount.

Oberon
08-07-2010, 05:41
All of the mounts are cavalry except nurgle palanquin, and there is no rule that prevents characters with flying mounts from joining units. You can't join monsters or flyers, and you can't join if you ride a monster, so no dragons joining anything but discs are a-ok.

NixonAsADaemonPrince
08-07-2010, 09:58
All of the mounts are cavalry except nurgle palanquin, and there is no rule that prevents characters with flying mounts from joining units. You can't join monsters or flyers, and you can't join if you ride a monster, so no dragons joining anything but discs are a-ok.

Cheers for that confirmation, that leads the way for my disc lord (who I always thought was a bit vulnerable what with his 1+3++ going around on this own), and of course my circus of hellstead riding vampires. I'm thinking of having 6 bloodknights with regen bsb on normal steed, a normal combat vamp on hellstead and then my uber hard vamp lord on hellstead as well, all as one unit (with the hellstead vamps ready to split off). And that's at 2000pts. What a unit :D.

Nixon

Leth Shyish'phak
08-07-2010, 14:51

Ooh, ok.

But doesn't he have to use his ground movement when in a unit that can't fly? That would make it a bit rubbish...

Oberon
08-07-2010, 14:54
He does, so yes it is very rubbish :D But you can... Basicly it's a one time-thing, keep him in against cannons for a turn, then swoop somewhere else (not inside a unit, also not in their firing line) and let the unit move on without the disc slowing them down.