PDA

View Full Version : Warriors of Chaos Slaanesh HELP

RanaldLoec
07-07-2010, 22:24
Ok I'm starting a mono WOC list and its going to be pure Slannesh. No other marks in the army so please don't suggest it.

The army has two big elements to it Its Norse based ( think marauders but Viking 8th to 12th century ). I'm sourcing the marauders from a non GW source so they do look excatley like Viking Huscarls.

The three fixed units I want in my army are two big marauder blocks at 30 strong each (I'm doing these units for just under $50 or 34).

And a unit of ogres at 6 strong in choas armour with great weapons using converted Ironguts models.

Now I want the veteran chaos players help, working within the Slannesh theme what effective builds for characters and supporting units can I get.

I love to have fluff but I do want my army to be able to win.

Thanks in advance.

Tae
07-07-2010, 22:41
Depends if you can tolerate special characters or not. My own WoC Slaanesh list runs with Sigvald and a BSB with the Crown of Command, thus ensuing both my blocks of Warriors are Ld10 Stubborn, which combined with MoS means they're not going anywhere until they're all dead.

RanaldLoec
07-07-2010, 22:45
Depends if you can tolerate special characters or not. My own WoC Slaanesh list runs with Sigvald and a BSB with the Crown of Command, thus ensuing both my blocks of Warriors are Ld10 Stubborn, which combined with MoS means they're not going anywhere until they're all dead.

Sigivald is the reason I'm doing Slannesh, the bsb with crown of command hadn't thought of that thanks for the tip.:D

Don Zeko
07-07-2010, 22:48
If you're playing slaaneshi WoC, you must take the titty snake (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat50025&prodId=prod1050024).

Krom The Eternal
07-07-2010, 23:31
ahh yes boob snakes are a must!! They move very fast and i believe are fast cavalry I'm not sure though i can't recall., been awhile since I've broken out my WoC. I'd Recommend Putting Sigvald In a Unit of Chosen Or Warriors With halberds It will be an Expensive Unit but it will bring some serious hurt to the Enemy, also Slaanesh Magic is nothing to laugh at either they have some vicious spells any way have fun with it tinker with lists and post them up here to get advice on them!! =]

Cartoon
08-07-2010, 00:08
Oh I love my Slaanesh WoC, by far the most fun chaos god to roll with. Slaanesh is great on marauders of both kinds since they tend to be pretty squishy, but marauder horsemen might not have that big of place in 8th edition. Still, MoS is usually a pretty solid choice for them along with flails and throwing axes. I like giving my chosen MoS as well, since I run a block of 18 and it's a horrible thing to have them panicked and either ran off the board or fail to charge.

Now that infantry is becoming a focal point in army building I think Slaanesh will become pretty important. Shooting IMO is going to increase so the immunity to panic is going to help. I'm not 100% sure how the new psychology rules work though.

In short, I've always found the MoS to be very useful on big infantry blocks of warriors, marauders, and chosen. It may not offer the concrete increase in protection that Nurgle or Tzeentch might, but it really sucks to have a 350pt unit run away from bolt thrower fire or something scary. Besides, who doesn't want to roll to war in sexy purple? Posers, that's who.

GodlessM
08-07-2010, 00:30
On the contrary, the Boobworm actually isn't in the army any more. True people use it for the Steed of Slaanesh, but that's actually the bipedal steed the Daemonettes ride; just to be pedantic :D

Todosi
09-07-2010, 02:38
You are correct GodlessM. In my Slaanesh themed WOC army, my Boobworm counts as a Lord on Daemonic Mount.

Artemis360
09-07-2010, 03:09
Casting power might not go amiss. While the lore of slaanesh does suck monkey balls, ecstatic seizures is still solid and in 8th ed is pretty easy to cast. You'll need a spell familiar to make sure that happens though.

Again, giants suck but slaanesh is the best mark for them and almost makes them good. So thats a possibility. Spawns ditto.

Tbh tho, I'm not sure if anyone else has gone into detail on this, but Slaanesh seriously is not the premier mark anymore. Its all about tzeentch now or possibly khorne if u have a big hard on for frenzy and don't mind losing a significant chunk of your armour save and parry bonus.

Cartoon
09-07-2010, 14:50
It's true that Slaanesh isn't what it used to be, which is a crying shame. I love my purple people eaters. Tzeencth is just so much more effective with the parry bonus that it's tough not to take it on warriors/chosen and maybe marauders. For marauder horse MoS still has its place but when it comes to infantry and knights it's almost a no-brainer.