PDA

View Full Version : Bretonian Sacramente, usable in 8th or not?

Archangelion
08-07-2010, 10:09
Was looking through my Brentonain AB just recently and reading through some of the rules to see how the new 8th edition might effect the army. I came across the sacramente, which were useless in 7th, but look like they might work again in 8th. Comments?

Sedge
08-07-2010, 10:13
Remind me, what does it do again?

Artinam
08-07-2010, 10:26
It allowed a mage to double the amount of powerdice she normally generates. But I don't think mages generate dice anymore (covered by the 2d6 right?).

So it has lost all purpose.

Galatan
08-07-2010, 11:00
A mage can generate an extra PD or DD on a roll of a 6. But the chance is so small I don't think the item would really be any use.

Harwammer
08-07-2010, 11:47
It allowed a mage to double the amount of powerdice she normally generates. But I don't think mages generate dice anymore (covered by the 2d6 right?).

So it has lost all purpose.

Wizards get a 1/6 chance for each level to generate extra powerdice. Whether this means they get to roll twice for each level or if they simply receive 2 powerdice for each succesful channeling attempt they make I don't know.

The Sacrement is an arcane item right? If not it would be nicely comboed on a level 4 with the channeling staff to generate dice for your supporting wizards.

theunwantedbeing
08-07-2010, 12:19
Wizards get a 1/6 chance for each level to generate extra powerdice. Whether this means they get to roll twice for each level or if they simply receive 2 powerdice for each succesful channeling attempt they make I don't know.

The Sacrement is an arcane item right? If not it would be nicely comboed on a level 4 with the channeling staff to generate dice for your supporting wizards.

Roll once, get 2 dice not 1.
Straight forward enough, still not useful.

Can't be combined with the channeling staff as they're both arcane.

Harwammer
08-07-2010, 12:47
Roll once, get 2 dice not 1.
Straight forward enough, still not useful.
Makes Sense
Can't be combined with the channeling staff as they're both arcane.Figured as much... shame

seems an expensive option to double the 1.333 dice the wizard generates as you need extra wizards to use the dice

Mr_Rose
08-07-2010, 13:37
seems an expensive option to double the 1.333 dice the wizard generates as you need extra wizards to use the dice
Yes, but it's still slightly more useful than it was in 7e, when the damsel generated loads of extra dice but you were unable to use any of them to cast spells...

I just wouldn't take it, honestly; especially when you can have the channelling staff for less and will probably produce more dice using it (over the course of a game), all without the risk of it running out.

T10
08-07-2010, 17:01
In 7ed you could use those extra dice to counter Remains in Play spells. Acceptable when dealing with Empire warrior priests or Ogre Kingdom gut magic.

Artinam
08-07-2010, 17:12
In sixth it was an epic item that made the Bretonnian magic phase pretty useful.

Archangelion
09-07-2010, 00:41
Yeah, I realise that its uses are... next to none.. but at least it somewhat works now... stupid bakers... don't they know the best thing for making your mages more powerfull is some oreos and milk, not stupid wafers!

Ultimate Life Form
09-07-2010, 08:50
"Ignore this Magic Item."

Yes GW, I'll gladly do.

Archangelion
09-07-2010, 10:02
lmao! I LOVE it! :p