PDA

View Full Version : Ogre Kingdoms of Slaanesh -- your thoughts

Shrapnelsmile
08-07-2010, 17:01
I like doing different things with my armies, and i'm starting Ogre Kingdoms soon.

What do you think of an Ogre Kingdom army where they have started worshipping Slaanesh to appeas their gluttony?

My thoughts:

Conversion such as Slaanesh banners behind the Maw symbol

tentacles, etc coming out of lead belcher guns

some daemonette claws and daemonette feet added on to the bulls

a subtle wash of purple over the pale skin of the Ogre flesh.

Too much of a stretch? Mildly amusing? Cool? something inbetween? please do tell -- I can always just go straight vanilla Ogres if everyone hates this idea.

Simo429
08-07-2010, 17:09
I really like the idea

I like all novel army ideas, thinking outside the box

Draconian77
08-07-2010, 17:10
Why do you care what we think? It's your army! Do what you want and to hell with the naysayers is what I say.

Personally, I love the idea. Then again, I play with a Cult of Slaanesh themed Dark Elf list so I may just be a tad biased...

Orodreth
08-07-2010, 17:28
I love the idea! It's the sort of thing I'd like to do, if I had the skill.

Charistoph
08-07-2010, 17:34
Think of the psychological factor, too. Just the thought of Slaanesi Ogres makes my sphincter tighten in fear.

willowdark
08-07-2010, 17:37
Yes

tencharacters

LeSquide
08-07-2010, 18:56
Neat! I would really like to see how it comes out if you do it.

RMacDeezy
08-07-2010, 19:17
Wow an ogre orgy sounds absolutely horrific. Sans that mental image, an excellent idea for a theme

RunepriestRidcully
08-07-2010, 19:23
There should be a poll of which race a Slanneshi orgy of creates the worst mental images of, some how I expect ogres and Saurus to cause the most mental scarring.
Back to the original poster, it sounds like a good idea, so good luck with it, and nice to see people using some of the other 7 sins of Slannesh rather then just lust, lust is just way too overdone at the moment and so almost makes Slannesh almost one dimensional.

Mithras69
08-07-2010, 19:55
There should be a poll of which race a Slanneshi orgy of creates the worst mental images of, some how I expect ogres and Saurus to cause the most mental scarring.

Don't discount orgies of Slanneshi Halflings :eek: :eek: :eek:

Malorian
08-07-2010, 19:57

I'd say saurus and orcs, as neither have genitals...

Ultimate Life Form
08-07-2010, 19:57
Sounds okay unless you suddenly want us to allow you to use marks of chaos on your Ogres like the other guy did.

Raditz
08-07-2010, 20:09
Ogres being swayed by the will of chaos? Why, I would never think such a thing possible! GW would never allow such an thing to befall the most beloved ogres!

Ultimate Life Form
08-07-2010, 20:11
Keep in mind that Ogres are known for assimilating foreign cultures into their own; a few decades in the service of a Slaanesh Champion may cause wondrous things to happen.

Zangor
08-07-2010, 20:30
As long as you dont have them wearing make up...

By the way i think a big nasty general with 4 arms would look amazing. In fact why not make an entire unit of ogres with several arms.

The new seekers have some big fat asses and long tails that might prove good for converting with ogre parts or perhaps serve as mounts :p

willowdark
08-07-2010, 20:36
Best part of this is that the models already have boobs.

N810
08-07-2010, 20:39
Please no female Ogres :eek:
(Ogretes):p

Sand
08-07-2010, 20:42
I think it could be very cool :)

jthdotcom
08-07-2010, 20:49
Don't discount orgies of Slanneshi Halflings :eek: :eek: :eek:

I knew there was something fishy about Frodo and Sam...

Back on topic, I like the idea, I did something similar with empire, but more just chaos undivided. Also, don't worry what other people think, its your army, your money, and your hobby and time, do with it what you like!

Individuality FTW!

eagletsi1
08-07-2010, 20:58
Great Idea!!! My ogres currently worship Chaos in general (Undivided), this allows me to be a little creative with my modeling.

Looking forward to see your army,

Avian
08-07-2010, 21:34
I have a unit of Ogres of Slaanesh in my WoC army, converted and painted to look like larger versions of my Warriors of Slaanesh. I say go for it. :)

Tyranno1
08-07-2010, 22:44
That sounds like a very unique idea, I love it. I love ogres, you can do so much with them.

You could use a pair of steeds of slaanesh as sabertusks for a Hunter.

Daemonette feet probably wont fit on ogre feet, but you could use extra claws on tiher feet to make the two-toed feet.

Oooo, you could use daemonettes as the gnoblars you can "buy" for ogres, like luck gnoblars.

I need to stop thinking of ideas lol.

Cragum
08-07-2010, 23:03
i quite like an ogre army who supports a mark of chaos, can give out so many ideas for what you can do. i think your hardest choice would be doing the lord of changes style, slannys would look really nice but you really want to make that pink work and not over do it if you use it.

Sygerrik
08-07-2010, 23:06
Really a good idea. There's a lot of background on ogres of chaos in the OK book. Apparently ogres make great mercs for Chaos forces since they're naturally resistant to mutation and don't mind when they DO mutate. There's a guy, Ghuth Spawnchomper I think, who has eaten so much Spawn meat that he has fingers growing out of his forehead.

Zurubbu
08-07-2010, 23:23
Slaanetize anything and i shall approve.

daemonette feet added on to the bulls.

That would be funny... but they break easily, and you would probably regret it after a few laughts.

ftayl5
09-07-2010, 02:26
Think of the psychological factor, too. Just the thought of Slaanesi Ogres makes my sphincter tighten in fear.

:wtf:
It's a great idea. I was thinking of doing a chaosy ogre army but stuck with 'normal' fatties. Good luck :)

Charistoph
09-07-2010, 03:07
Slaanesh is the god of Excess, and the Ogres fill the role of a race of gluttons very well, much like the Skaven also partially embrace Nurgle with disease and rot.

Shrapnelsmile
11-07-2010, 02:42
i quite like an ogre army who supports a mark of chaos, can give out so many ideas for what you can do. i think your hardest choice would be doing the lord of changes style, slannys would look really nice but you really want to make that pink work and not over do it if you use it.

I see either purple clothing for them, highlighted heavily with white, or some sort of purple wash on their skin. I haven't decided yet.

No pink for the Slaanesh ogres -- except the noblars of course! they will have pink underbellys and ears.

Thanks for the encouragement. I'll post pix once my conversions are done.

spiderman5z
12-07-2010, 07:34
a guy at my shop has some really great converted ogre man eaters that have been in the chaos wastes for too long hehe

theshadowduke
12-07-2010, 08:46

You have clearly been playing FATAL too much.

ChaosTicket
12-07-2010, 09:02
I wont say its not possible, as it is, just not likely.

Ogres main motivation is FOOD. The worship the Great Maw as it is actually a bottomless whole that may actually reach through the whole planet.

If ogres started sprouting tentacles and claws, then others would kill them and eat seafood.

I dont think any of the Gods would be that much of interest to Ogres. Ogres like fighting, but love to eat, usually what they fight.

Really just give a good reason for ogres to forsake eating for sex, drugs, and rock and...more sex.

Finnith
12-07-2010, 09:08
Why would the ogres have to forsake eating? Slaanesh is all about excess so could be all about over eating even more so than normal ogres. Really fat ogres......

Darth ryanus
12-07-2010, 09:20
i did this when the OK book first came out my tyrant has the chaos helmet from the defiler kit and 4 arms he looks great (and fills in as a daemon prince sometimes). Every ogre in the army has a mutation of some sort its really easy t do as you get so many spare bits with the kits.

ChaosTicket
12-07-2010, 09:27
Why would the ogres have to forsake eating? Slaanesh is all about excess so could be all about over eating even more so than normal ogres. Really fat ogres......

Yeah but why go Slaanesh when you have the Great Maw close by?

Its why would you go Slaanesh, whats the appeal? They already have the Great Maw for their gluttony worship.
--------------------------------------------------------

Yes Gluttony is Slaanesh's domain, but since that usually goes against beauty, its not as appealing.

Leogun_91
12-07-2010, 09:27
Really just give a good reason for ogres to forsake eating for sex, drugs, and rock and...more sex.You have gotten everything wrong. Gluttony is part of Slaaneshs domain, the ogres would stay with gluttony eating mostly anything and lots of it to appease Slaanesh, for this they would probably forsake the other traditions of the Maw, such as Wanderlust, Pitfighting, Storytelling and Pilgrimage in order to get more time to eat. Ogres allready seem to eat in excess so that which an ogre considers excess on the gluttony side will be truly horrible.

ChaosTicket
12-07-2010, 09:34
All excess is Slaanesh's domain. Whether its overeating, sex, drugs, rock and roll, it doesnt matter.

Narcicism is also a classic trait, generally love of garrish art is a big affliction that the slaaneshi devotees have.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the Ogres followed one god if would most likely be Khorne, why because killing and eating are what ogres do. Killing more than they eat(though still eating huge amounts) wouldnt be far.

azimaith
12-07-2010, 09:35
I like doing different things with my armies, and i'm starting Ogre Kingdoms soon.

What do you think of an Ogre Kingdom army where they have started worshipping Slaanesh to appeas their gluttony?

My thoughts:

Conversion such as Slaanesh banners behind the Maw symbol

tentacles, etc coming out of lead belcher guns

some daemonette claws and daemonette feet added on to the bulls

a subtle wash of purple over the pale skin of the Ogre flesh.

Too much of a stretch? Mildly amusing? Cool? something inbetween? please do tell -- I can always just go straight vanilla Ogres if everyone hates this idea.

While the crazy chaos tentacles and stuff are cool I'd probably avoid the crab claws. For one they're sort of weedy for bulky ogres, two they're more attached.. uh.. different types of excesses. I'd go more for ogres with huge guts, distended jaws then can unhinge to eat larger things, so on and so forth.

Spider-pope
12-07-2010, 10:24
I wont say its not possible, as it is, just not likely.

Ogres main motivation is FOOD. The worship the Great Maw as it is actually a bottomless whole that may actually reach through the whole planet.

If ogres started sprouting tentacles and claws, then others would kill them and eat seafood.

You may want to actually read the Ogre army book again before declaring they would kill a mutated Ogre. It's mentioned several times in the book that while Ogres are resistant to mutation, if they are in the service of a chaos army for long enough they can and will mutate and none of them care. An extra head is seen as an advantage- it lets you eat twice as fast.

And as others have said the gluttony of the Ogres fits in with Slaanesh, the god of excess. And no one ever said they couldn't worship both. As for why to go this route for an army- because it's fun to convert things, to think of new concepts, to venture away from the path. Not everything has to slavishly stick exactly to the way GW have painted and sculpted an army you know.

ChaosTicket
12-07-2010, 10:29
I am not saying new ideas are bad, every once and a while i throw one out that i think is reasonable and it usually get depth charged.

This isnt bad just fit the physical conversion with a good reason why they are that way.

Oh and while having mutations can be useful, it doesnt mean ogres wouldnt wonder how it tastes. Would that lobster claw actually taste like lobster, or that tentacle taste like calimari?

eagletsi1
12-07-2010, 14:04
My Ogres were on pilgramage, when a Chaos Deamon saw them and knowing of the Ogres backround and faith decided to have some fun with them. He put up an illusion that he was the Great Maw. From this day forward, all of my ogres have always worshiped him. Not ever knowing that in fact it was a chaos daemon with powers controlling them.

Simple eh! Anything can be explained with Chaos!!!

Shrapnelsmile
20-07-2010, 12:50
My brief summarized background:

Starving in the Northern realms, an Ogre tribe succumbed to the promises of the dark prince for alluring amounts of sustenance. Paying the unwritten price of Chaos, the hunger became insatiable, making their violent quest for food never ending. Feasts lead to bacchanal orgies, as their weakest of the commonly born young become a delicacy, torn apart and savored the moment they land upon the earth.
The Eternal Hunger Tribe all will be torn asunder; all will be consumed in the name of Slaanesh.

theunwantedbeing
20-07-2010, 13:55
Nice to see somebody doing a slaanesh theme that doesnt revolve around sex or anything to do with that.

Just go fully down the route of what an ogre would do to sate an eternal hunger. Eating more would make them fatter, they may be lacking fingers they had accidentally consumed, perhaps they'de even gone as far as to slice open their own mouths to make it easier to swallow their food and pinned back the excess skin(or removed it completely).

No need to bother with tentacles and claws as that's not really thinking through what would be possible.

Phaedrus
20-07-2010, 15:46
To add something beyond gluttony, that also isn't sex, you may consider adding swathes of fine purple cloth here and there, or even full garments, rather than giving their skin a purple wash. Gold, jewels, platinum plated gnoblars, any sort of symbol of a newfound opulence.

Vashta
20-07-2010, 16:00
I really like this idea...time to repaint my Ogres I think.

Shrapnelsmile
24-07-2010, 11:20
[QUOTE=Tyranno1;4801998]That sounds like a very unique idea, I love it. I love ogres, you can do so much with them.

Daemonette feet probably wont fit on ogre feet, but you could use extra claws on tiher feet to make the two-toed feet.
QUOTE]

I am going to buy a unit of the mounted Seekers, and use those bitz for my Ogres main conversions. The larger feet of the Seekers, as well as the heads, should provide a nice foundation for some Ogre mutations. Less likely to break as well.

Thanks for the advice everyone

Niibl
24-07-2010, 11:39
Just go fully down the route of what an ogre would do to sate an eternal hunger. Eating more would make them fatter maybe one breast might exceed the other in this
they may be lacking fingers they had accidentally consumed or replaced them with tiny forks, spoons and knifes to scratch out even the last rest of marrow (like the skeksis in dark crystal)
perhaps they'de even gone as far as to slice open their own mouths to make it easier to swallow their food and pinned back the excess skin(or removed it completely):evilgrin:

No need to bother with tentacles and claws as that's not really thinking through what would be possible.What about the trademark tongues? They should fit.

Shrapnelsmile
24-07-2010, 18:49
I'm thinking claws and tentacles because it would allow them to hunt more efficiently -- any kind of sea food / fish from rivers, and tentacles to quickly asphyxiate small prey. Plus it's trademark Slaanesh. not a lot, mind you, just perhaps one claw / unit.
Thoughts?

Plagueridden
24-07-2010, 19:05
lol them leather boys, give em gimp masks as well ;)

New_guy
24-07-2010, 19:10
a very nice idea. I have seen nurgle ogres but not slaanesh :)

Charistoph
24-07-2010, 20:14
Butchers and Gorgers will probably play a common theme in this army as well. Instead of hands, some of them have the blades like the Butcher Special Character (can't remember the name, atm), or clubs.

Lordsaradain
24-07-2010, 22:29
Slaanesh Ogres sound like a great idea!
Later on you could also try using those ogres to fill your special in a WoC army if you want some variation. ;)

TheLordOfOwn
24-07-2010, 22:44
.......Female ogres? Keep the belly size, but increase boob size with greenstuff? Just my 2cents.

Tymell
24-07-2010, 22:55
Sounds both plausible and flavoursome to me :)

After all, Slaanesh is the god of excess and sensations, and taste is a sense. Ogres already succumb to their hunger, it wouldn't take much to direct that towards a Chaos power. There also needn't be any problem in ogres not being conventionally 'beautiful', for they would only need to be so by the standards of their own race, which would be more about looking wealthy and successful.

Some really vibrant and outlandish banners and warpaint designs, nasty looking weapons, some suitably Slaanesh-y mutations, maybe a slavegiant with the emphasis on the 'slave' part. Kineater and Longstrider would also fit well as big names.

...although my over-active imagination -did- just give me the image of gnoblar "dancing girls". Gotta go detox my brain now...