PDA

View Full Version : [8th] 1K High Elves

Sinsigel
08-07-2010, 16:34
Mage(Level 2, Dispel Scroll, Seerstaff of Saphery) - Lore of Life

25 Spearmen
(Standard Bearer with Banner of Eternal Flame, Musician)

5 Dragon Princes of Caledor
(Full Command, Potion of Strength)
Tiranoc Chariot

Repeater Bolt Thrower
Repeater Bolt Thrower
Great Eagle

990pts

Unlike in the 7th, since it's much more likely to gain more power dice than it was in the 7th ed(in 1k list with one wizard), I wanted to try out lv2 caster in my first 8th ed 1k army. Any advice is welcome.

Zaszz
08-07-2010, 18:31
I think this list looks excellent for 1k. You have some serious shooting in 1k from 2 RBT's so you can often rely on forcing your enemy to you. You have an eagle to help hunt enemy mages and warmachines.

With the seerstaff you get to pick your spells right? So you can take regrowth and toughness pump, and keep your knights near your spears to keep the buffs and healing going. I would probably keep toughness on the spears, and keep regrowthing any losses to the knights. They make for the most efficient targets for healing, and will probably attract your enemies ranged attacks.

While the knights cannot break ranks if they charge to assist spears they will cause enough damage to keep pushing the combats to your favor, alternately they can fight your enemies smaller units, which they will probably have some since its 1k.