PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Undivided Daemon Princes

The Inevitable One
08-07-2010, 18:17
If this does not make sense, sorry in advance.

As we have seen a Daemon is a fragment of one of the Chaos Gods. The Daemon is under the control of the Chaos God and can be absorbed back into the Chaos God. We have also seen that Daemon Princes such as Fulgrim are controlled by a Daemon which is essentially controlled by a Chaos God (Slaanesh). So my question is, who controls a Chaos Undivided Daemon Prince?

Lupe
08-07-2010, 18:22
Well, either a minor Chaos God, who likes nothing better than to be up there on stage with the Big Four, or two or more of the greater four, so long as he doesn't consistently take one side over the others....

The Devourer
08-07-2010, 18:33
As we have seen a Daemon is a fragment of one of the Chaos Gods. The Daemon is under the control of the Chaos God and can be absorbed back into the Chaos God. We have also seen that Daemon Princes such as Fulgrim are controlled by a Daemon which is essentially controlled by a Chaos God (Slaanesh). So my question is, who controls a Chaos Undivided Daemon Prince?

While it's true this isn't reeally the definition of a Daemon Prince. A daemon prince is just a human who is so full of chaos power that they have effectively become a daemon. Fulgrim is a very unusual case.

An undivided daemon prince may have gifts from many different gods. In the end it doesn't matter, it's all chaos energy.

Son of Sanguinius
08-07-2010, 18:41
If the Prince was originally a human, it controls itself mostly, though it bows to the Pantheon as a whole.

If the demon is comparable in power to a demon prince but not originally human (ala, something lesser than a greater demon but more than a herald), then I would guess that it would be an entity that owes its allegiance and existence to multiple gods. For example, Slaanesh and Tzeentch come together in a plot to undermine a Khorne/Nurgle operation. They therefore (consciously or subconsciously) create an entity with the powers that demons from the individual gods would have. I'd imagine that such an entity could be wildly power and highly unstable. It would probably be more of a weapon than a legion commander.

Tak
08-07-2010, 19:31
If this does not make sense, sorry in advance.

There is a new book out called Liber Chaoticathat has a section all about Chaos Undivided, (as well as the Big Four), and it goes on to explain, at length exactly how the daemons come to exist.

It tells you all about the very first Daemon Prince to be created: Be'la'kor who is dedicated to Chaos Undivided.

Son of Sanguinius
08-07-2010, 20:10
Both the book, awesome though it may be, and Be'lakor are Warhammer Fantasy.

Though the book does feature 40k visions.

spetswalshe
08-07-2010, 20:59
Undivided DPs is an issue that has come up on here a few times. As far as I'm concerned, they wouldn't be controlled by one god, but Chaos as a whole; dedicated to the fight against everyone else in general. Rather than Tzeentch or Khorne giving visions and suchlike, it'd be more a shapeless mass - though whether it's one of the Big Four in disguise or someone else entirely is fairly irrelevant, since he's obviously doing Chaos' work. Though, like with any Chaos god, that occasionally involves slaughtering some fellow worshippers for the crime of being weak or in the way.

There is a new book out called Liber Chaoticathat has a section all about Chaos Undivided, (as well as the Big Four), and it goes on to explain, at length exactly how the daemons come to exist.

New? I've had mine for like three years. I think you mean it's been newly-re-released, or whatever the word is for reminding customers that something is awesome.

Tak
09-07-2010, 02:36
Both the book, awesome though it may be, and Be'lakor are Warhammer Fantasy.

Though the book does feature 40k visions.

Thats true but I was just thinking from the point of chaos being chaos and how undivided powers could form.

Those 40k visions that you speak of (especially the Slaanesh/Emperor's Children one) are absolutely amazing!

Son of Sanguinius
09-07-2010, 03:48
Unless the poster is a cleverly masquerading harlequin and I am a naive vagabond, both of which are entirely possible, MvS is a member of this forum. You should pass on your message to him.

Harwammer
09-07-2010, 12:33
New? I've had mine for like three years. I think you mean it's been newly-re-released, or whatever the word is for reminding customers that something is awesome.

You think thats bad? In Manchester they still have bloodbowl on the new releases shelf! I'm not entirely sure if GW actually know what 'new' means.

Karl MkVI
09-07-2010, 20:27
In Manchester they still have bloodbowl on the new releases shelf!

This is outstanding :D