PDA

View Full Version : Dwarfs - 1000 points starter, feedback greatly appreciated (8th)

Col_Festus
08-07-2010, 21:13
Hey guys, with 8th coming I was thinking of getting back into the swing of things with the hobby. I wanted to get into dwarves seeing as they appear to be a fun army now with the changes to charging and the combat system. Anywho here is what I have for 1000 points. Feedback is appreciated!

Lord
Runelord
Shield
Rune of Spellbinding
Rune of Stone
Rune of Iron x 2

Core
18 quarrelers
Great weapons
Full command

23 warriors
full command
great weapons

Special
Cannon
Rune of Forging

Grudge Thrower
Rune of Accuracy
Rune of Penetration

total: 997 points

Lord : 22%
Core: 51%
Special 25%

The idea here is to rank up the quarrellers in 3x6 line. They act as a normal unit that has the added bonus of crossbows. Very flexible, I'm a big fan.

The warriors are just a block of smashing. They should be able to weather all but the toughest opponents and still strike back with a lot of smashing power. Run them in 6x4 (with the runelord)

The runelord is there to keep me safe from magic. Should have a good bonus to dispelling attempts as well as +2 dispell dice every round.

Cannon is there for big things I might face like HPA, Hydras, Giants etc...

Grudge Throwers for massive hordes to thin them down so they wont be stubborn after my dwarfs bring the axe to face!

So feed back is appreciated! Thanks!

thesheriff
08-07-2010, 21:32
I would rather take 2 rune priests, spread the wounds and the dispel a bit

stuntyKing
09-07-2010, 03:35
I personally think instead of a rune lord, a single rune priest with ro of balance and ro of stone with shield should do the trick with leftover points maybe could add another ro of penetrating to the grudge thrower to get a nice strength 5. and maybe even give your warriors shields to get 4+ AS against shooting. But this is mostly my personal reference, your list is just dandy. and with the new rules, your warriors should clean house!