PDA

View Full Version : Chaos warriors 6 attacks?

soots
09-07-2010, 04:48
Is it possible?

BRB says special effects are cumulative.

Chaos warrior +2
Khorne +1
XhW +1
Banner of Rage +1
Wizards hat + Lifes Bironias Timewarp spell +1

EDIT: +1 Noggs Big banner from trusted OnG Ally.

7 attacks each

mightyzombie
09-07-2010, 05:17
The jury is still out one whether or not the Extra Attacks rule can stack with itself. Personally I believe it should, but there seems to be some logic to support the notion of them NOT stacking as well, so hopefully a FAQ will properly address that.

As a side note: Man that's a lot of attacks for a Warrior, although 2 of those aren't exactly guarantees to have, since the wizard hat gives you a random lore, which then you get 2 random spells from, AND THEN successfully cast it. (Side note x 2: it's lore of Light with that spell, rather than Life). Top that off with the fact that you have to be playing an allied armies game with OnG. Really kinda reaching for those attacks, huh?

Bodysnatcher
09-07-2010, 06:41
Khorne and banner of rage won't stack as they both give you frenzy.

Kalandros
09-07-2010, 07:23
and that banner of your ally would need to be on his BSB... for one round of attack to get +1A?
a bit exaggerated

Lord Solar Plexus
09-07-2010, 07:55

This is becoming a mirror of the other thread. All special rules are cumulative. No exception is mentioned.

Spawn of Icarus
09-07-2010, 11:16
Hopefully the BRB will get errata'd too but the couldron of blood was featured in the DE Pdf errata thing and stated to increase the models attacks by 1 as long as it was frenzied (they all come extra hand weapons as standard.)

So the effects of the two rules (extra attacks and frenzy) are stacking in that example i would assume only because the 2nd extra attack is an effect from frenzy just like Brb states the "effects" of multiple rule stack :D

Meaning Frenzy+ extra weapons looks more like a yes, Frenzy+Frenzy looks like a no (effects of multiple rules not the same... thankfully)

Lord Zarkov
09-07-2010, 11:23
If 'Extra Attack' given via frenzy and 'Extra Atttack' given via 2HW both stack, I see no reason why 'Frenzy' from two different sources wouldn't also stack

Spawn of Icarus
09-07-2010, 11:35
because the extra attack rule via frenzy is an effect of frenzy. Not extra attack x2

What i mean is a model has frenzy and extra attack it's special rules list looks like this (and is why it stacks):

Extra attack, frenzy. (stacks Example: faq'd couldron of blood and Brb stacking rules)

It would not say: Extra attack, Extra attack, Immune to psycology (like this is same rule twice so doesnt stack, so frenzy doesnt)

After all Multiple means meany/ several it does not mean recurring (which would be frenzy+frenzy)

Atleast there is now evidence in the Dark Elves FAQ released today to justify my stance now... rather than sounding like the ramblings of a mad man like i did before :D

the Goat
09-07-2010, 11:37
If 'Extra Attack' given via frenzy and 'Extra Atttack' given via 2HW both stack, I see no reason why 'Frenzy' from two different sources wouldn't also stack

In fact isn't that how the minotaur blood greed works? If they already have frenzy add +1 attack until you reach 10 attacks.

NixonAsADaemonPrince
09-07-2010, 11:38
because the extra attack rule via frenzy is an effect of frenzy. Not extra attack x2

What i mean is a model has frenzy and extra attack it's special rules list looks like this (and is why it stacks):

Extra attack, frenzy. (stacks Example: faq'd couldron of blood and Brb stacking rules)

It would not say: Extra attack, Extra attack, Immune to psycology (like this is same rule twice so doesnt stack, so frenzy doesnt)

After all Multiple means meany/ several it does not mean recurring (which would be frenzy+frenzy)

Atleast there is now evidence in the Dark Elves FAQ released today to justify my stance now... rather than sounding like the ramblings of a mad man like i did before :D

I'd definitely agree with that, that's the most sensible ruling, and it has some evidence now.

Nixon

Lungboy
09-07-2010, 12:38
Also, in the WoC faq it mentions multiple instances of Stupidity stacking, and says that whilst they stack, they have no additional effects (i guess because you can't get more stupid). It therefore looks like Frenzy + AHW would stack, and get the bonus as you can keep adding +1 attack, but frenzy + frenzy would stack but give no added bonus as with stupidity, as you can't add the immune to psychology effect more than once, making the second frenzy useless (as you can't get more frenzied).

the Goat
09-07-2010, 12:45
Also, in the WoC faq it mentions multiple instances of Stupidity stacking, and says that whilst they stack, they have no additional effects
The two situations are not analogs of each other. Stupidity doesn't add +1 to any stats. If anything that ruling sounds like: 2 x frenzy = +2 attacks.

Lungboy
09-07-2010, 13:02
But you can't apply all of the benefits of the second frenzy, so i'd argue that means you get none of them.

Lord Zarkov
09-07-2010, 14:05
You can apply all of them, just only one of them does something - if doubling up on special rules is fine then 2x ITP is fine (just no extra benefit as you're already immune), 2x Extra Attack is the same as Frenzy + 2HW, Berserk Charge has a 'one or more' clause in it so that doesn't stack - hence it can all apply twice, but the only one that will actually do any more is the 'Extra Attack' special rule.

@ Spawn: It is exactaly the same situation, Frenzy and Extra Hand Weapon don't simply give +1A on their own, they both do it via giving the model the 'Extra Attack' special rule - and either special rules can stack with themselves or they can't you ca't really have it both ways.

Double Frenzy for Khorne troops with the Banner of Rage would be pretty cool tbh (make the Khorne banner actually do something for Khorne Troops) even if it would also be nasty to play against.

Kalec
09-07-2010, 19:22
But you can't apply all of the benefits of the second frenzy, so i'd argue that means you get none of them.

And your basis for that argument is?

Spawn of Icarus
09-07-2010, 20:15
@ Zarkov its the effects of the different rules stacking not the same rule twice (Its a big difference.)

again
"Extra attack, frenzy. (stacks Example: faq'd couldron of blood and Brb stacking rules)

Extra attack, Extra attack, Immune to psycology (like this is same rule twice so doesnt stack, so frenzy doesnt)

After all Multiple means meany/ several it does not mean recurring"

one of those Extra attacks is an effect of Frenzy thats the ONLY reason they stack in the faq'd couldron. Now if you found a spiecal rule that gave you the Frenzy rule then they would stack.

Making an example up- the bad mother f**ker rule (Frenzy+Hatred) would stack with frenzy rule, but frenzy plus frenzy would not.

kaintxu
09-07-2010, 23:34
So with 2 frenzy you would have to do 2 LD rolls to see if you hafe to charge then since it stacks

Texhnolyze
10-07-2010, 00:30
"Extra attack, frenzy. (stacks Example: faq'd couldron of blood and Brb stacking rules)

Can you explain?

Seems to me that the FAQ only states that they get a total of 3 attacks for each hag, one of the attacks coming from frenzy. They got 2 attacks on their base profile, there is no indication that they start with 1 attack and gain another from the "extra attack" special rule.

Hence the "extra attack" special rule is only applied once because of frenzy, alas we have no stacking.