PDA

View Full Version : 2500pt Throgg Army.

Walls
09-07-2010, 07:13
Now, I have NO idea if this would actually work...

Throgg
6 trolls
4 trolls
8 trolls (Throgg in here)
6 Khorne Ogres
6 Ogres
3 Dragon Ogres
3 Dragon Ogres
Spawn of tzeentch (this army would have a wizard buuuuuut...)
Spawn
Giant

Might be fun to try.

thesheriff
09-07-2010, 08:41
Nice idea for 8th. The throgg army will be very similar to orges in the new addition. A great pair up to throgg and units of 3x2 trolls for loads of attacks would be Kholek, Dragon ogres and shaggoths. Something like this;

Lords
Kholek suneater = 605

Heroes
Throgg = 175

Core
7 Trolls (4x2 + throgg) = 315
6 Trolls = 270
6 trolls = 270

Special
3 Dragon orgres w. Champ and great weapons = 239
3 Dragon orgres w. Champ and great weapons = 239

Rare
Shaggoth w. additional Hand weapon = 275
Shaggoth w. additional Hand weapon = 275
Scyla Anfingrimm = 105
3 Spawn w. MOK = 225

Total = 2993

The core of your army is the trolls, they each have a rank and can put out 18 attacks per unit. and the bigger unit should sit at the centre, with throgg as the serious muscle.
The Dragon orges, with there movment of 7, will launch flank charges and support the trolls, chasing down combats etc. And there S7, and have 11 attacks per unit
Kholek and the shaggoths should sit either inm a group of unstopable might, or sit wherever they are needed, supporting trolls and aiding the digestion of any sizable units. And the terror should hurt low leadership armies a bunch
And the spawn are just funny, and used to fill up points. You could swap them for anything, more trolls, more dragon or normal ogres, or even some sorcerers of nurgle on palanquins for the troll units would be nice

But, like i said, the idea is nice

thesheriff

Walls
09-07-2010, 21:20
Hmm... interesting list. Are spawns rares or no slot? If they count as rares, that's a few too many points.

Neth
09-07-2010, 22:57
I would drop the spawn and Scyla. With the extra points get a bsb and make the dragon ogres 4 strong. Bsb will help to stop the trolls from being stupid and 4 dragon ogres can still do damage if one dies.

Raditz
10-07-2010, 02:35
Get a BSB, your units are stupid and you will need it.

Walls
10-07-2010, 02:59
My only thinking with a BSB is he doesn't fit the theme at all and is there PURELY for game mechanics. I suppose there would be ways around this. Like use a hero on a juggernaut as a BSB, but model him Centaur/Dragon Ogre-ish.

Lotl Botl
10-07-2010, 04:03
you could do that or just come up with some fluffly story to justify it like A. a guy from the south had a younger brother who turned into a spawn and got exiled, the he felt bad and followed his brother to take care of him and somehow the spawn joined the mutant monster army and the brother was excepted and given the role of BSB, or B. there was a tiny gimpy troll born who was very dexterous and was chosen by throgg to bear his Banner nad just model the BSB like a troll with a little green stuff.

Walls
10-07-2010, 20:35
Yeha, I have a few idea after talking with some fellas last night. Basically have 2 lists. My fluff one and a competitive one. The latter has a sorcerer on disk (the guy creating the monsters) and a mounted BSB (a centaur warrior of chaos).

Now... to find a spectacular looking Throgg model.

Walls
10-07-2010, 20:58
So here's a more competitive Throgg list

Throgg
Sorcerer Lord: MoT on disk, power familiar, golden eye of Tzeentch, stream of corruption
BSB: Mounted, Rending Sword, Favor of the Gods
4x5 Hounds
2x3 Trolls
5 Trolls
2x6 ogres with chaos armor, GW, Musicians
2x3 Dragon Ogres with GW
2x Spawn
Giant

Alternately I take out the giant and spawn for another unit of Ogres.

immortal git
10-07-2010, 23:06
throgg is a bsb guys, for EVERYTHING in that list apart from the spawns who dont need it

Walls
10-07-2010, 23:15
Oh, that's right.

Though, having some extra coverage might be nice,. Good point though, totally forgot about that.

Walls
11-07-2010, 02:12
Actually, upon re-reading, he only allows rerolls on successful break tests. A BSB is giving you a reroll on EVERY Ld test.

thesheriff
11-07-2010, 09:38
Does it REALLY matter that much with the bsb, when for the cost of an exhalted on juggernaught with bsb and a bit of kit he's 180pts+. For that, you could have 4 more trolls, an extra unit, or added to the rest to the existing units. With throgg as a bsb efectivaly, you don't need one, more trolls are a better buy in my opinion

And for the Throgg model, and all the troll models, i would recomend mixes of river trolls and ogre boxes. And for dragon ogres, ironguts with some greenstuffing around the mid-rift and cold ones. like her;

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244202

Just some ideas

thesheriff

Walls
11-07-2010, 16:52
Well, Throgg won't reroll LD tests for stupidity. He won't allow rerolls on panic tests. All he does is break tests. He's not really an effective BSB at all except for breaking. You need a BSB to help panic, stupidity, reforms.

I will be using the new river trolls models for trolls and some redone Ogre models for Ogres. If I can get the old stone trolls, I will use some of them as well. Just trying to figure out a good Throgg model. I have a couple in mind from Hordes I am looking at. Might also use some LOTR trolls in the list. Have a good variety of models that way. The new ones, however, are just way too nice NOT to use.

thesheriff
11-07-2010, 17:05
Are you taking Kholek, my freind used a normal shaggoth legs, but with the LOTR mordor troll body.
and i thought throgg lets trolls use his leadership for trolls, so that counters it. Aswell as having Kholek for leadership 9 tests. But i see your point. Just i would rather have more trolls

Mini-J
13-07-2010, 03:15
Throgg http://www.gribblyminiatures.co.uk/gallery_trollking.php

Walls
13-07-2010, 03:36
Oh, jesus... perfect.

thesheriff
13-07-2010, 07:30
Jackpot.....