PDA

View Full Version : Selection of Spells ?

knightime98
09-07-2010, 10:17
I, as many people, do not have the rule book yet as it has not been released for sale.

I've seen and read rumors about how spells are selected.

Not sure which is true.

1. Roll as you did in 7th edition randomly for your spell(s).
2. You pick your spells - (1 per level).

If it is something other than this - then please explain.
Just really curious as to how this aspect is coming around.

Also, not sure about this part of the equation. There is a default spell that all wizards get? So, I think.. Not sure...

Any clarification is greatly appreciated.

Ultimate Life Form
09-07-2010, 10:21
You roll randomly as always, however with a few added twists (can't have duplicate spells in the army except you bought them for example), but that is a bit complicated to explain and might best be solved by you buying the book - couldn't wait another day could you? :p

knightime98
09-07-2010, 10:22
I have a team game on Sunday. I haven't even seen the preview book at the store. It's under lock and key.. :(

edit: when you say bought them? what does that mean? Talking about Necro's for VC or something like that?

What about the default spell for a lore. There are 7 spells in a lore now? with the 0 level being a default or something like that?

Mr_Rose
09-07-2010, 10:25
Read the sticky rumour thread at the top of Warhammer News and Rumours; that has most of the details almost correct.

Ultimate Life Form
09-07-2010, 10:27
'Bought' encompasses all ways of acquiring spells in a non-random way, including swapping them out.

Mr_Rose
09-07-2010, 10:31
'Bought' encompasses all ways of acquiring spells in a non-random way, including swapping them out.
He's not kidding BTW; the book actually uses the words "not generated randomly" so it covers stuff like seersaffs and Fateweaver.

knightime98
09-07-2010, 10:40
Just looked at the sticky, Rose suggested.
Didnt' realize it was in there. It's really lengthy.
Somehow you can pick your spells if you have multiple casters with the same lore.
So, it is implied that way. I'll just look over the magic section and figure it out when I get the book. 8th edition is going to be crazy for the first half dozen games (at least).

Mr_Rose
09-07-2010, 10:43
If you roll a duplicate spell, you get to pick the replacement instead of rolling for it again. You still can't have multiples of a given spell unless it's the basic/signature spell, or the duplicates were 'bought.'