PDA

View Full Version : Skink Lizardmen Army 2000. Need Advice

X1Scotch1X
09-07-2010, 13:34
So with the new FAQ it screwed up my orignal army:mad:. I need help to try and make this slightly more competative Skink List. The Slann is joing the Kroxigors and I am not sure where I can spend 30 points:eyebrows:. As well is I need advice on hero selection as well the over all army.

Lord
Slann Mage Priest
Battle Standard Bearer
Focus of Mystery
Focused Rumination
Cupped Hands
Lore of Life

Hero
Level 1 Skink Priest

Core

Skink Skirmishers
x10

Skink Skirmishers
x10

Skink Skirmishers
x10

Skink Cohort
Musican
Standard
x30

Skink Cohort
Musican
Standard
x30

Special

Kroxigors
x5

Stegadon

Stegadon

Terradons
x4

Rare

Salamander Hunting Pack
x1

Salamander Hunting Pack
x1

Total 1970

Frankly
09-07-2010, 21:18
I'd split those cohort units into 3 x 20, giving you more options on the table to bait and flee/ opponents target selection/ capturing stuff etc, etc.

I'm not sure about steggies over kroxigors for hitting power. I'm just not sure on that one. T6 unit are nice to have on the field though. I've always been a kroxigor fan so ....

Nice set up on the Slann.

put the salamanders together, helps against unlucky panic and the extra herder is a nice option

I like the looks of the list, really playable.

Naestran
09-07-2010, 21:27
It looks good, can the krox still break ranks with the slann?

I would also go with 3x20 as they are not going to be winning many combats unless buffed significantly by the slann, and you have more oppurtunities for a combo charge with steggies and krox. Maybe try and
consider chamo skinks for taking out lone mages and warmachines on the first turn.

Overall I like the list.
Just one question, would the list still be viable at all if I had Tehenhuain on eotg and just added a krox, can beasts still buff units or do you need life to make those skinks able to fight.

Overall I like it though:D