PDA

View Full Version : Stomp and mounted models.

The_Lemon
09-07-2010, 15:19
If a model has the stomp, or thunderous stomp, rule and it is mounted, like for example a juggernaut or a dragon then at what strength does the stomp resolve, at the strength of the rider or the strength of the monster?

Malorian
09-07-2010, 15:21
Strength of the monster :)

Thanatos_elNyx
09-07-2010, 15:24
Stomp resolves at the Strength of the Stomper.

The_Lemon
09-07-2010, 16:21
Strength of the monster :)

That is what I thought, but I can't find any mention in the rulebook.

Stomp resolves at the Strength of the Stomper.

The problem is, who is the stomper, maybe on a monster it is clear the monster is the stomper, but on mounstrous cavalry, my rulebook only says that mounstrous cavalry has stomp rule, check the page where it is explained on mounstrous infantry rule.
So there is no mention on who is the stomper, it could be because I have spanish rulebook, so if anyone with english one could clarify I would be gratefull.

Malorian
09-07-2010, 16:56
First of all in a lot of cases you can just compare to see if they got a stomp when not together:

high elve prince = infantry = no stomp

dragon = monster = thunder stomp

In other cases (like blood crushers) use logic.

Atrahasis
09-07-2010, 17:07
Logic? You need a system of rules to use logic. Where is the system of rules?

Thanatos_elNyx
09-07-2010, 18:15
The problem is, who is the stomper, maybe on a monster it is clear the monster is the stomper, but on mounstrous cavalry, my rulebook only says that mounstrous cavalry has stomp rule, check the page where it is explained on mounstrous infantry rule.
So there is no mention on who is the stomper, it could be because I have spanish rulebook, so if anyone with english one could clarify I would be gratefull.

Oh right I understand you now.

Looking at the rules in english it simply says resolve at the strength of the model. But of course a Monstrous Cavalry model has two Strength characteristics.

The fluff of the rules goes on about the creature crushing people underfoot and taking them out with a sweep of it tail.
So I would say RaI it is the Mount, but there is no RaW way to decide.