PDA

View Full Version : WOC list 2250pts

blackjack
09-07-2010, 15:59
Wizard Lord, Level 4, Mark of Tz, Infernal puppet, Black Tounge, Power Familiar. (Casting on 5+, tons of anti magic gear)

Exaulted Champ, Mark of Tz (gotta love 5+ ward in CC), BSB, Rune Sword, Shield.
(he is here to carry the now manditory BSB)

(Anti shooting brigade. 30 horsemen with a 12" jump should be able to take out a few warmachines/gun lines.)
10 Marauder horsemen, flails, Music, Light Armor

(Marauder core, best infantry in the new warhammer)
50 Marauders, Great Weapons, Full commmand, Mark of khorne.

Very close to 2250pts.

Zangor
09-07-2010, 19:52
Thats an interesting list. Please do let us know how it performs as we are all very curious about marauder hordes.

It is rather hard give much advise on any of the units since you only field two different kinds and they both seem to be equipped as they should be.

Im a bit worried about your sorcerer lord. He only has a 4+ armour save and a 6+ ward, he might be a bit vulnerable.

LanceSaba
09-07-2010, 21:01
I don't know I am just throwing this out there but on average rolls a block of 30 DE crossbowmen should wipe out the unit before it kills a singe elf yes it a 100 points more but i think it is worth the investment. i think you need some heavier units to add to their killing power or even a sweet hell cannon to counter other hordes.

Odin
09-07-2010, 21:11
I can only comment that Tzeentch characters leading Khorne troops makes me feel sick.

chinnfrequent
09-07-2010, 21:34
Your wizard has 2 arcane items and 110 points worth of magic items.

Also your hero would only have a 6+ ward. Magic weapon + shield does not give the parry bonus.

o0-NattyMcFatty-0o
11-07-2010, 01:15
I can only comment that Tzeentch characters leading Khorne troops makes me feel sick.

now ill certainly agree about the wizard. but not the bsb.

khorne hates slaanesh...that said, khornes probably got enough hate for everyone, rather the opposite of slaanesh, who has too much love for everyone...but i wont go into the detail of that

Zangor
11-07-2010, 22:04
No offense guys, but the army list forum is part of the tactics forum, so your comments on the fluff (valuable as they may be) is really more suited for another forum. Usually when people post their armies here they will let you know if the fluff has any importance to them.

blackjack
12-07-2010, 05:11
I agree, putting a wizard in charge of a khorne army is sick and wrong. However GW has made a mage (a high level mage at that) more mandatory in 8th than he was in 7th.

randomkrazy
12-07-2010, 17:25
let us know how it fights. I ran a 40 unit horde of marauders teamed with 2 units of 15 warriors and it did damn well as a tar pit. warriors did the killing, marauders held units down. even when it was front charged by spearmen and flanked by witch elves, the marauaders held it down and my warriors came in a flipped the tides.

however i will say this. i had tz marked marauders with lt arm and shields. giving 5+ armor save 5+ ward save in combat. this lasts longer, but in ur case the sheer numbers will help keep them alive. against low int troops tho i like striking first even if it is at str 3 lol.