PDA

View Full Version : 500 pts WoC for 8tg ed, help?!

HampMan
09-07-2010, 16:15
Me and my buddies are holding a 500 pts tournament to celebrate the release the 8th edition. my oponents are lizardmen, savage orcs, beastmen and empire.
can someone help me put together a decent list by the army rules of 8th ed?
please help!

thesheriff
09-07-2010, 17:25
In 500 points, theres not really much you can do, But this is what i would do;

Exalted with great wep and enchanted shield = 121
20 Marauders w. MOT, shields and command = 175
5 Chaos knights = 200

Total = 496

A block, some rock hard cavalry and a decent charecter with a good save. Should handle a bit of everything. But the cannon that the empire player will bring will harm you a bit

thesheriff

Odin
09-07-2010, 21:35

5 Chaos knights = 200

Total = 496

A block, some rock hard cavalry and a decent charecter with a good save. Should handle a bit of everything. But the cannon that the empire player will bring will harm you a bit

thesheriff

Enchanted Shield absolutely pointless, unless you're planning on fielding him on his own. He can't use it in close combat.

Personally I'd go for as many marauders and horsemen (with flails) as you can field alongside an Exalted with halberd or shield. Horsemen hit hard (especially as the second rank riders can attack, and shoot).

Do you have any allegiance to a particular God or Gods? My 500 point list might be...

Exalted Hero with Halberd & Dragonhelm (124)

24 Marauders with Shields & Light Armour, Full Command (164)

10 Marauder Horsemen with Flails, Throwing Axes & Light Armour, Full Command (210)

Total: 498

Anvil and Hammer. Horsemen are very flexible, but perhaps best at running up to someone and throwing axes, then throwing axes again as a stand and shoot reaction, then using Flails at I4 to cause carnage. Marauder block will be a good anvil at that points value, and the Exalted will do his thing. Coul always drop a couple of horsemen for some hounds to give you more tactical flexibility.

Gambles
10-07-2010, 08:06
Marauder horde, foot sorc with a good buff for the ranks, and some chosen are what come to mind for me.

thesheriff
10-07-2010, 08:29
No way you would get enough chosen in 500 points, maybe 5 or 10, i would rather take knights or horde-horsmen. But a sorcerer is an interesting thought

Brady
10-07-2010, 15:23

5 Chaos knights = 200

Total = 496

thesheriff

I wouldn't include an exalted hero at all, at the points level the 5 knights will do anything that the exalted can do so I would try and include a mage ( as you have to have a general :( ) with mark of nurgle so you can automatically swap your spell/s for magnificent buboes so you can snipe any other characters that can cause you problems.

EDIT - Odins list looks pretty good but make sure to try and stay away from any killy units the opponent might bring along, 24 maruaders is good but at 500 points you can't afford to just throw them away