PDA

View Full Version : warrior priests and dispelling in 8th

RanaldLoec
09-07-2010, 17:45
Ok I have my copy of the rule book.

I have the faq for empire.

Warrior priests in 7th created 1 dispel dice like a level 2.
Arch lectors created 2 dispel dice.

Only wizards can now channel ( I have not read the dwarf faq ) I presume runesmiths can channel dispel dice.

No mention is made of warrior priests so I would presume they can't channel dispel dice, which makes priests over priced they now contribute nothing to magical defense.

So what do you think can warrior priests channel?

Atrahasis
09-07-2010, 17:48
They generate a dispel dice, just as they did in 7th.

The "like a level 2" doesn't exist in the rules. Warrior Priests simply generate a dispel dice. Arch Lectors generate 2.

sorberec
09-07-2010, 18:49
Yeah, Empire magic defence is going to be mean if people load up on Warrior Priests

Aratus
09-07-2010, 19:58
Runesmiths dont channel. They didn't mention that rule in the dwarf FAQ at all so we assume that we still generate our own dispell like you.

fall3nang3l
09-07-2010, 20:04
No mention is made of warrior priests so I would presume they can't channel dispel dice, which makes priests over priced they now contribute nothing to magical defense.

Try actually playing with multiple warrior priests. you won't think they contribute "nothing to magical defense"

Arch Lector and 3 warrior priests is an additional FIVE dispel dice. your opponent would need double 6's to have more power dice than you.

Falkman
09-07-2010, 20:07
Yeah, played against a Warrior priest and an Arch lector yesterday, was quite hard to get magic through.

decker_cky
09-07-2010, 20:27
Add on hatred not forcing pursuit anymore and benefitting an extra rank of attacks and a single L2 to add to dispel rolls and you have a nasty magic defence and nasty combat ability for cheap.

RanaldLoec
09-07-2010, 20:35
Sweet I was working under the assumption that no one generated dispel dice.

So it looks like my warrior priests are staying, couple that with the fact hammer of SigmaTel allows you to re roll damage on spells of its cast on a wizard as per the faq and wpreists don't have to worry about the miscast table if the roll double six.

Awesome thanks guys my priests and pope mobile are staying.

fall3nang3l
09-07-2010, 20:39
Ya no loss of control table is also what makes them extremely powerful. although I would suggest at least 1 mage hero so you can burn your 2d6 power dice and they don't go to waste.

theunwantedbeing
09-07-2010, 20:45
Warrior priests can channel because they are mages, as per the empire rules on page 34.
Same for runepriests as they are also wizards, page 54 of the dwarf book.
Hero's are counted as level 2, lords are level 4 so they even add a big bonus to dispel attempts!

The above was sarcasm incase anyone failed to notice.

The only downside to them generating a dispel dice is that the miscast result of magical feedback can potentially be crippling.

Falkman
09-07-2010, 20:53
Ya no loss of control table is also what makes them extremely powerful. although I would suggest at least 1 mage hero so you can burn your 2d6 power dice and they don't go to waste.
Warrior priests use power dice to cast their spells as all bound spell users do.

RanaldLoec
09-07-2010, 21:20
Reading the rule book warrior priests as bound level 3 castors can get irresistible force on double six then can't cast any more that turn no rolling on the miscast table.

Looking at it this way I will be taking an a combination of wp, al plus a wizard using the wizard to dispel with his level the wp and al just supply the dice. Unless I fail to dispel with the wizard which is very likely with my rolling .

Souppilgrim
10-07-2010, 01:38
Spam priests + rod of power on a wizard to save the extra dice = kewl