PDA

View Full Version : Dark Elf Avatar of Khaine?

Scelerat
09-07-2010, 19:32
Hi there. I've got my copy of the 8th ed. rulebook today and, reading the background section about the Dark Elves, it says something along the lines of "Malekith has even discovered how to imbue enormous steel armours with part of the spirit of Khaine, and they kill and crush the enemy blah blah blah" (it's not literal, since my rulebook is not here right now and besides is in Spanish).

So, do you think that there is a possibility that GW is planning to introduce in future editions of the DE AB some kind of Avatar? Since they stated they wanted to add more units/minis to armies via White Dwarf (like the Eldar Nightspinner, you know) Would it be appropriate, background-wise?

I, for one, would like that very much. Besides, I think it' kind of probable, since a new Eldar plastic Avatar is apparently in the works (although it will not be finished or released anytime soon), and maybe GW thought they could get more people to buy it if it was also usable in WHFB. Just a thought.

Oh, that section also explicitly talks about DE Beastmasters using Chimeras, apart from Hydras. Interesting.

gork or maybe mork
09-07-2010, 19:42
I doubt it. Loads of stuff that's in the fluff never makes it into the game. For example lizardmen don't get titan-sized thunderlizards randomly walking onto the board, and the slaan can't make the continent that the game is being played on suddenly split in half.

Leogun_91
09-07-2010, 20:27
They also build up for legendary battles so I think this is a hint on what we will see in a Legendary Battle Supplement.

Zurubbu
09-07-2010, 20:57
1.Take a look at page 381, take a note what they say about inventing your own battles.
2.Now look at page 425.
3. Check the fluff again and start inventing.
4.profit?

Should work with the right players.

Cragum
09-07-2010, 21:09
look at what the did with rhinox riders...

i fell sucker a long time ago and loved the models from forgeworld and i now have an unofficial unit that is brilliant in so many ways but dear lord how id love to use them more often and now 8th kind of has a plus not for me and has given more a chance for them to appear.

GodlessM
09-07-2010, 21:19
This looks more like Phil Kelly copying fluff from his beloved 40k.

Archaon
10-07-2010, 00:15
As Leogun said this could be subtle hints towards Legendary Battles.

I also remembered quite some time ago that GW was planning on adding ogre sized models to many armies and such Avatars may fit in the description but then this may have been a rumor because many new armies haven't gotten new units at all for the most part.

I'd wait for Legendary battles which should see some outrageous models for each army :p