5 miners

cannon

cannon
-rune of burning

grudge thrower
-rune of penetrating

organ gun

flame cannon

I thought to keep cost of warmachines at minimum that i could have fatter missile troop section. Could this be a good gunlist ?

Are rangers worth it in redirecting / harassing advanging troops.

Is rune of accuracy better than penetrating for grudge.

I could drop rangers if they wont work and change them to master engineer + warmachine runes instead.

No runes of forging due to high cost, more than 1/3 of a cannon. Is it really worth it ?

Grudge penetrating + burning could be fun againast grave guard / ghoul regen group.

I suppose that dwarf cannons do d6 wounds nowdays, am i correct ?

I might change 1 cannon for another grudge thrower if they are not, actually i might change both of those cannons to something else then.

Here is another list with crazy amount of warmachines:

runelord
-anvil
-master rune of gromril / rune of spellbreaking
-rune of preservation

20 quarrellers
-musician
-standard bearer
-great weapons

20 quarrellers
-musician
-standard bearer
-great weapons

10 thunderer
-shields

bolt thrower
-engineer

bolt thrower
-engineer

bolt thrower
-engineer

cannon

cannon

cannon
-rune of burning

grudge thrower
-rune of penetrating

grudge thrower
-rune of penetrating

grudge thrower
-rune of burning
-rune of penetrating

organ gun

organ gun

flame cannon

flame cannon

Which one to take, 1+ armor save or "dispel scroll" ? Also should i change one bolt thrower for more magic defense like rune of balance ?

Or i could change rune of penetrating(s) for magic defense. Should i ?

Rael
10-07-2010, 16:19
This would be an incredibly boring list to play against.

o0-NattyMcFatty-0o
10-07-2010, 21:24
well, ill second that, but from a competitive perspective, the second list is the better. its a shame 8th ed made the already overpowered gun line lists even more overpowered by removing guess ranges and allowing units to shoot in 2 ranks making it feasable to fit gunlines maxed out on the board. sure, cannons don't ignore armour now...shame you need a -1 plus armour save to actually do anything about it, and even then, thats a 6 up save. the only model i know that can get that is a khorne lord on a juggernaut, and tlos makes it harder to hide

yes, the rune of balance should always be taken in dwarf lists now to optimise magic defense. i dont rate flame cannons, probably better to buy some more bolt throwers/grudgethrowers/normal missile troops/runesmiths.

for optimum knight killyness and monster killyness, 3 cannons is good, 2 on flanks, one centre, your going to get a flank shoyt at some point.
cannons do now o d6 wounds, id suggest making a couple of cannons flaming, just to kill hydras varghulfs and the like.

either way, id hope this is more a tournament list, either that or you have a very competitive gaming group as some people may not want to play you after playing this list...not having a dig, just fore warning.

immortal git
10-07-2010, 23:05
an ogre army with enough models in it would eat that up! cannons, boom youve killed an ogre, flame cannon, boom two wounds, grudege throwers will hurt but you might miss, quarrelers, 5 hits three wounds, one save, turne three would be fun!

Isto
10-07-2010, 23:20
Many other armies might also.

Empire might outgun that list. Orks might outgun it.

VC might ghoulkin over it.

Beasts might do some ambushes ?

Skavens have storm banner, and the list goes on.

This edition seems pretty decent.

Double gorgers might be bad from ogres.

A good sideshot from cannon might hit 4 to 5 ogres at a time, and organ guns might do good against them. So gorger's should try eat organ guns first.

T4 quarrellers with streanght 5 great weapons and static combat resolution 4-6 depending on wich list is used, might not be push overs in combat, and they get charge reaction fire too. Also being stubborn with more ranks. Heh, they have same initative than ogres, so they swing at the same time with ironguts.

I supposed that flamecannons with the new rules let you put the flame templeta yourself instead of guessing, this would make them lotsa better.

New list i made:

runelord
-anvil
-master rune of balance
-spellbreaking rune x2

thane
-bsb
-master rune of stromni red beard

20 quarrellers
-musician
-standard bearer
-great weapons

20 quarrellers
-musician
-standard bearer
-great weapons

20 quarrellers
-musician
-standard bearer
-great weapons

20 quarrellers
-musician
-standard bearer
-great weapons

10 thunderers

cannon

cannon

cannon
-rune of burning

organ gun

organ gun

flame cannon

Which is better, flame cannon or 10 thunderers ?

This list should have good shooting power with 90 models shooting, 3 cannons, 2 organ gun and the flame cannon. Also pretty good fighting power with 80 strong gw fighters using static combat res 5 and 6 on bsb:s unit. Magic defense is pretty decent with 4dispel dices + hihger of 2d6 using +2 to dispel. Bsb could also carry the master rune of valaya, but i think it might be overkill.

I think i might not need too many rune of burnings because even one burning wound negates the regeneration and the rest goes in without it.