PDA

View Full Version : Gleaming Pennant vs. stupid Character

Balerion
09-07-2010, 21:53
If a stupid character leading a unit fails his stupidity test, would the Gleaming Pennant allow him to reroll it (assuming, of course, that it was his/the unit's first failed test of the game)?

Relevant bits:

Special Rules --> Stupidity: Provided that they are not engaged in close combat, a unit that contains one or more models with the Stupidity special rule must try to overcome its Stupidity at the start of its turn by taking a Leadership test. (pg 76)

----------------------------

Magic Items --> Magic Standards --> Gleaming Pennant: One use only. A unit with the Gleaming Pennant can re-roll its first failed leadership test. (pg 503)

----------------------------

Characters --> Characters and Units --> Special Rules: ...many spells and magic items bestow special rules and other effects on units. In this case, everyone (including the character) in the combined unit will be affected. (pg 100)

Nocculum
09-07-2010, 21:55
Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: 5 points of HELL YES!

Balerion
09-07-2010, 22:00
:D :D :D

My Crown of the Damned has never felt so comfortable.

Nocculum
09-07-2010, 22:03
It's really rather silly considering it's cost, as it covers Fear Test, Terror Test, BREAK TEST and cheap protection against certain spells too.

I'm assuming this is something to do with Highborn Wild Rider and Fimblewinter Shard? :shifty:

Odin
09-07-2010, 22:10
It's quite a nice little item isn't it!

Balerion
09-07-2010, 22:10
I'm assuming this is something to do with Highborn Wild Rider and Fimblewinter Shard? :shifty:

Nah, I'm going to get the hang of 8th edition with my Vampire Counts before I bust out the less forgiving WE.