PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Heresy Recruiting On Terra

CKO
10-07-2010, 02:03
What did the average Terran have to do to be recruited as a space marine?

Green-is-best
10-07-2010, 04:24
Be a techno-barbarian (whatever that is) who wasn't on the losing side of the unification war.

IvanTih
10-07-2010, 15:18
Be a techno-barbarian (whatever that is) who wasn't on the losing side of the unification war.
Or be a man with the body which is more likely to survive the transformation into the Space Marine.

Kage2020
10-07-2010, 17:33
Alternately it could be the "original" definition of what makes a good Space Marine. Above average intelligence and having a natural gift for MDK. :D

Kage

IvanTih
10-07-2010, 22:26
Alternately it could be the "original" definition of what makes a good Space Marine. Above average intelligence and having a natural gift for MDK. :D

Kage
MDK-Murder,Death and Kill(not the game)?

Kage2020
10-07-2010, 22:42
Aye, that was the gist. Although now all I have going through my head is the film Demolition Man. :D

Kage

ChaosTicket
10-07-2010, 23:07
The first generation of marines were all terrans, until the primarchs were found, then the tainted recruits and methods of each legion brought problems.

I think the only "marines" still recruiting on Terra are the Adeptus Custodes, as the mperial Fists lost their chapter-monastary in the Siege of the Imperial Palace.

FabricatorGeneralMike
11-07-2010, 00:04
The first generation of marines were all terrans, until the primarchs were found, then the tainted recruits and methods of each legion brought problems.

I think the only "marines" still recruiting on Terra are the Adeptus Custodes, as the mperial Fists lost their chapter-monastary in the Siege of the Imperial Palace.

Yes they did, but they still do recrute on Terra among other worlds. There is still the pilliar of hero's where the IF's that defended terra still remain inturred to this day and worshipped.

Lupe
11-07-2010, 11:35
I imagine that in pre-Heresy days, the process of creating space marines would have been a lot more refined than it is in the 41st millennium. Obviously, you couldn't turn just everybody into a superhuman - some people really were too old for the process. But you would probably have had access to now lost technologies, that allowed a full grown body to be stabilized while the implants were still melding with the candidate.

The ideal candidate, of course, would have had to be just as young as nowadays, mainly because this way their minds could be shaped more easily, the implants became functional faster, and some undesirable traits or reflexes that a soldier would pick up during a lifetime could be bypassed.

dirtydee25
24-07-2010, 13:00
Lupe that is what happens in the DA/ HH books. All the older members of the order get rejuv treatment instead of the full SM process. Sort of like =I= today

Lupe
24-07-2010, 20:05
Well, yes. Just that "older" now means boys in their late teens. "Older" back then might mean men in their forties.

TheMartyr451
25-07-2010, 18:20
Be a techno-barbarian (whatever that is)

Couldn't resist... :p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd9syzNpfcA