PDA

View Full Version : armor piercing banner for TK question!?

mortetvie
10-07-2010, 04:18
I play TK and was wondering about the new armor piercing banner in the common magic items list. I was wondering if you take that on a BSB and join a unit of skeleton archers, do their ranged attacks get armor piercing?

If so, that might be pretty nasty-then maybe take him and join a unit of skeleton spearmen when an enemy gets close(yes I said it, 10 points of suck but just a thought) and when you cast smiting on a horde unit of spearmen. you can get (depending on ranks, I would probably take 32 in 3X10) 21 attacks with armor piercing in addition to the CC phase. I would take the horde formation simply to keep the BSB at like the very end so he can not be targeted as he is a free kill if attacked.

Any thoughts? Might be a way to make the sub par undead units decent!

Punjoke
10-07-2010, 04:50
I was hoping it would work this way as well, but I'm afraid doesn't.

The Razor Standard gives models in the unit Armor Piercing. The Armor Piercing rule says that a model with AP will inflict a further -1 armor save modifier on wounds caused in close combat. Weapons with the armor piercing rule will always modify the armor save by -1. If the standard gave Armor Piercing to all of the weapons in the unit, then it would work with bows, but since it only gives the rule to the models, it will only work in close combat.

mortetvie
10-07-2010, 06:10
Darn, that would have made a 30(60) shots a turn with ap pretty nasty.

Might try a bsb with the re-roll hits banner then and see how that works!!

Punjoke
10-07-2010, 06:25
Darn, that would have made a 30(60) shots a turn with ap pretty nasty.

Might try a bsb with the re-roll hits banner then and see how that works!!

I assume you're looking at the early list that was translated from german. If so I hate to be the bearer of more bad news, but that 55 point standard was mistranslated. It doesn't allow you to re-roll hits, it allows you to re-roll charge distance dice.