PDA

View Full Version : 1 question + 1 clarification on 8th

stiggie
10-07-2010, 19:35
right.. just got my book today readin through it page by page slowly but surely got 2 questions atm to ask..

firstly its about magical resistance..

e/g

your a slann and u have MR3 and you used the forbidden rod. Would you get a 4+ ward (the origional) or a 2+ ward (because of the Magic resistance?)

also..

if i combined law of shadows with law of nurgle.

e/g

I cast Mystical Miasma on a unit of saurus warriors. I reduce their toughness by 3. I then cast curse of the leper on the same unit. does that instantly kill every last warrior in that unit with no exceptions?:cheese:

cheers in advance

Ultimate Life Form
10-07-2010, 19:38
MR does stack with any Ward Saves you may already have.

BRB says somewhere no attribute can ever be lowered below 1 by Magic (read it somewhere but forgot where).

stiggie
10-07-2010, 19:42
all the spells in the BRB say stats can only be reduced to 1 but the curse of leper states that if the units strength or toughness was reduced to 0 the unit would be destroyed.

also another question >.<

is a slann treated as on foot i/e the plannaquin is merely for fluff/casting rules. my friend is borrowing my book at the moment so i cant check

tarrasque
10-07-2010, 19:46
BRB says somewhere no attribute can ever be lowered below 1 by Magic (read it somewhere but forgot where).
page 4 suggest it is posible
page 31 is the part ULF is refering to. the key word is normally.

stiggie
10-07-2010, 19:48
so i take it as a yes but its simply a armybook trumping BRB situation (i/e would probs have to hit them across the head with the BRB to make them agree)

Ultimate Life Form
10-07-2010, 19:51
Thanks for the page references. So what do we define as 'normally'? On one hand BRB says it is not possible but on the other lines out what happens if it does happen. What are we gonna do?

Oberon
Yes if you lower the T/S with shadows first, then curse of leper would basically kill them instantly. If you used curse first, then shadows would lower S/T to 1 and you'd have to wait for the curse to lower it more.

tarrasque
well hitting some one whit a brb is a attempt of murder so i would advice you to point them at page 11 last sentence.
@ulf: i think what oberon says is the best solution.

stiggie
10-07-2010, 19:56
lol well 7th edition hitting wasnt attempted murder.. but i know what you mean with the 8th :P..

and yeh i still think thats sweet as both spells arent hard at all to cast

Falkman
10-07-2010, 20:10
your a slann and u have MR3 and you used the forbidden rod. Would you get a 4+ ward (the origional) or a 2+ ward (because of the Magic resistance?)
The Forbidden rod is not a spell, thus you cannot use MR to save against it, so 4+ ward it is.