PDA

View Full Version : Targeting Character Models in units

Maoriboy007
10-07-2010, 21:04
I've been looking at the rules for characters and shooting, and it looks to me theat you can freely pick out characters if they aren't of the same type, characters on horseback in infantry for example. It also loks like they don't get a LOS rule either. Specifically it talks about bein the same unit type. Is there a specific page where this is mentioned to be otherwise?
Shooting just gets better and better in 8th.

Ultimate Life Form
10-07-2010, 21:10
Uhm... it never says you can freely shoot him out of his unit, only that he can be hit.

RanaldLoec
10-07-2010, 21:15
To target a specific model or character in a unit with shooting requires the sniper abilitie from the brb.

Maoriboy007
11-07-2010, 00:03
Uhm... it never says you can freely shoot him out of his unit, only that he can be hit.

To target a specific model or character in a unit with shooting requires the sniper abilitie from the brb.

As far as I can find the limitations to targeting a character in a unit (and by association the look out sir rules) only apply as long as he is in a unit of models of the same type.
If there is a rule that says a character of a different model type cannot be targeted in a unit could you give me a page reference?

Ultimate Life Form
11-07-2010, 01:39
As far as I can find the limitations to targeting a character in a unit (and by association the look out sir rules) only apply as long as he is in a unit of models of the same type.
If there is a rule that says a character of a different model type cannot be targeted in a unit could you give me a page reference?

There is no such rule so I cannot give you a page reference for this. They follow exactly the same rules as any other characters. What I refer you to is page 99 that clearly states what disadvantages a character of an unfitting unit type suffers, and being targettable is not one of them.