PDA

View Full Version : Contacting GW?

Mudkip
10-07-2010, 23:47
If I wanted to send a rules question or problem to the relevant person at GW, where do i find the contact info? I'm struggling to actually find any contact info on their web site at all, which is typical I suppose.

Falkman
10-07-2010, 23:48
You mean like get in contact with the writers of the books?

Mudkip
10-07-2010, 23:52
I'm not sure, whoever writes the FAQs or somebody on the design team who can ask them I guess.

Falkman
10-07-2010, 23:53
Don't think that is possible, unless you go over there and knock on their doors.

Ultimate Life Form
10-07-2010, 23:53
Methinks you'd better knock their heads.

Mudkip
10-07-2010, 23:57
How do write they "frequently asked questions" articles if it's so hard to send them a question? :confused:

Falkman
11-07-2010, 00:00
I imagine they come up with the questions themselves or something :p.

RichBlake
11-07-2010, 00:01
This should probably be in GW General but I think you pretty much just Email Games-Workshop with the subject Rules Query or something.

Falkman
11-07-2010, 00:05
And you'll get a randomly generated answer from the Roolz boyz, not to be trusted at all.

Mudkip
11-07-2010, 00:11
What's their email address then? After digging around on their web site I found a "contact us" page under customer support, which previously didn't show up when I typed "contact us" into the search bar. Anyway, it says:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?aId=4500001
"Our Customer Service department is equipped to handle any questions or problems you may have with an order or product. Use this number to report problems with an order, let us know about missing or damaged components, or have us answer any queries about your order."

That doesn't seme like the right place to send a rules query. I don't need a rules interpretation from a random GW employee anyway. Even an email directly from a dev stating how a rule works would count for little if another person doesn't want to believe in it. I just want to make sure they understand that the probem exists so that they'll address it in the next FAQ.

Falkman
11-07-2010, 00:13
I've never seen an e-mail address to the development team, just the "contact us" address you mention.
I really have no idea how they gather questions for FAQs, maybe the check internet forums to see what people are whining about the most?

jet_palero
11-07-2010, 03:29
What's their email address then? After digging around on their web site I found a "contact us" page under customer support, which previously didn't show up when I typed "contact us" into the search bar. Anyway, it says:

That doesn't seme like the right place to send a rules query. I don't need a rules interpretation from a random GW employee anyway. Even an email directly from a dev stating how a rule works would count for little if another person doesn't want to believe in it. I just want to make sure they understand that the probem exists so that they'll address it in the next FAQ.

I have asked them rules questions before via this. They don't always answer, and it sometimes takes a while, but I have gotten answers via this.

Shaft, Lord of Slaanesh
11-07-2010, 06:43
And you'll get a randomly generated answer from the Roolz boyz, not to be trusted at all.

That hurts - I used to be one of the Roolz boyz all those years ago and I put a lot of effort into my randomly generated answers :p

Best bets is to write/type your questions and post them in. Send it to the main Nottingham head office address and mark it for the attention of the Studio. As they are busy chaps an answer isn't certain though failing that there is always Warseer :D

Griefbringer
11-07-2010, 08:58
I really have no idea how they gather questions for FAQs, maybe the check internet forums to see what people are whining about the most?

I think with some of the recent ones, the gathering of the questions had been outsourced to volunteers on some web forums.

I think there was at least one gathered by the folks in Direwolf, with a list of problematic issues and possible interpretations for them (and of course there was plenty of whining about that on Warseer).

Atrahasis
11-07-2010, 09:09
Direwolf have gathered and submitted questions (and commentaries on why the questions matter) for every army book in 7th, and are in the process of doing the same for the 8th edition rulebook.

See sig.

Of course, the Design Team accept questions from anyone, but the only method they have of accepting them directly at the moment is to the Design Studio snail-mail address.

If you attend a GW event any questions you ask the TO should be submitted too.