PDA

View Full Version : Skarsnik Questions

Drongol
11-07-2010, 06:00
Okay, just flipped through my 8th Ed book. My wife is a big Night Goblin fan, and she has a serious crush on Skarsnik. That said, I have the following questions about him now:

1: Skarsnik cannot take Look Out, Sir tests in 8th, as he is classified as a Monstrous Beast, correct?

2: When placed in a unit of Night Goblins, can Skarsnik fill in the unit, or must he be placed to one side now?

3: If Skarsnik miscasts with his prodder, is he still considered armed with a halberd, or does he fight with a hand weapon from that point on?

[Edit: put the third question in.]

Lord Zarkov
11-07-2010, 13:13
1) Correct - it appears he can also be picked out by shooting/magic

2) His base takes up an exact number of Night Goblin spaces IIRC and so he can be in the unit fine

3) If a bount spell item suffers a miscast "the item crumbles to dust and cannot be used again during the game." so it appears he can't use it at all if he miscasts

ghostline
11-07-2010, 14:08
1. Skarsnik can not take a look out sir roll. It's worth nothing that characters that are monstrous beasts dont get any sort of look out sir unless they join a unit of Monstrous Beasts.

on a side note here are the Units of Monstrous Beasts that operate as units, don't fly, and don't become Monstrous Cavalry because they can only be taken as a mount..

Dragon Ogres, Fiends of Slaanesh, Beasts of Nurgle, Chaos Spawn, Razorgor.

Those are the only units in the Game Skarsnik could join to get a look out sir roll.

If i were you I would house rule skarsnik because the new rules made him very easy to single out and kill with shooting attacks. I would just count him as Infantry with a weird base.

2. He can be put in units if the rest of the guys rank up evenly(i.e theres no "bump" in the back of the unit) otherwise he gos on the side.

3. The rules say the Item Crumbles to dust... so I guess you can't use his halberd. He just counts as using a hand weapon instead.

stashman
11-07-2010, 15:40
3: If Skarsnik miscasts with his prodder, is he still considered armed with a halberd, or does he fight with a hand weapon from that point on?

I say it losses the magic but it's still a Halberd