PDA

View Full Version : Themed Empire Army Help. 8th

JBragg1984
11-07-2010, 07:58
I have just started an Empire Army and I am looking to make mine a themed army based around a small chapel village in Stirland.

I want to avoid statetroops as I find the models really ugly and have my army based around a Warrior Priest as the General and an Engineer. Militia, Huntsmen, Flagellants, Steam Tank and Hellblasters plus few extra engineery and rundown bits. But looking at some tactica and stuff I am thinking of adding a few pistoleers to flank people.

Any suggestions?

thesheriff
11-07-2010, 10:18
I don't think a steam tank would turn up in a small chapel village in stirland, there are only 10 in the entire empire. You could do a Nuln force added by a force of flaggelents with a priest and arch lector.

thesheriff

Lord Solar Plexus
11-07-2010, 11:18
Stirland is rural, rugged and relatively poor. If you want to stick to the theme, neither a Steam tank nor an abundance of black powder weaponry will fit well. For missile troops, I'd go with Crossbowmen and Archers, both help to fulfill the core requirement. Add some Flaggelants and that may suffice for smaller games.

Nocculum
11-07-2010, 11:20
Free Company/Militia are very thematic for border villages - citizen levy isn't unique to the High Elves ;)

Lord Solar Plexus
11-07-2010, 11:24
Yep, very true, although they aren't very good. I suggest you field an Arch lector as your general. Call him the priest or bishop of that parish.

Nocculum
11-07-2010, 11:40
You could always use those models (if they're preferable) and count them as Swordsmen?

Brother Drakist
11-07-2010, 14:11
Spearmen. Cheapest State troops. Very Stirlandish.

Walls
11-07-2010, 17:53
Yeah, they wouldn't have a steam tank or helblasters. If you ask me, Steam Tanks shouldn't even begin to appear below 3k.

JBragg1984
13-07-2010, 11:02
Let me fill you in a bit more. I understand what you guys are saying and I really appreciate the input but my characters are one Bishop who has been sent to this small Chapel Village, where he meets a rather eccentric Engineer who has a workshop on the outskirts of the village which is full of cool and bizarre items (I am actually building a model of it as I type this out). The Engineer (Known as The Maker) has spent 40 of his long year creating by hand his own interpretations of Helblasters and Steam tanks. So in theory he can use them...I know I am using the GW models because they are amazingm but they are going to be rusted and dirty and grimey.

Militia - Free people are my mainstay along with a horde of Flagellants. A travelling wizard will also become available to me as the story unfolds.

So anyway thats my fill in for those people who said I can't use steam tanks and helblasters and powder weapons.

Sarael
13-07-2010, 17:24
I'd go with a huge block of spearmen or swordsmen, with detachments of archers, for the theme. A few cannons/artillery pieces, and the engineer's crowning achievement, his steam tank (which, of course, is the prototype for the Nuln version ;).